As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cordyroy Unmasked & Baltic Wharf!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cordyroy Unmasked & Baltic Wharf!!!!

Just had a couple of days at CC Baltic Wharf in Bristol. Blimey - its expensive in the city, what with shopping, eating out, cinema, and a concert, the coffers are emptying fast - but we have had a great time. On to the Forest of Dean next for a quieter (cheaper????) weekend.

We met up with Mark and Shirley (Cordyroy) for a couple of hours - great chat, good to meet the authors of so many lively forum threads!! The stories were just as good in real life. We tried to persuade them to come to a meet ....... fingers crossed. Anyway, here is a photo of the four of us on Bristol Docks just by the SS Great Britain.
    Mary

hi

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
    Just had a couple of days at CC Baltic Wharf in Bristol. Blimey - its expensive in the city, what with shopping, eating out, cinema, and a concert, the coffers are emptying fast - but we have had a great time. On to the Forest of Dean next for a quieter (cheaper????) weekend.

We met up with Mark and Shirley (Cordyroy) for a couple of hours - great chat, good to meet the authors of so many lively forum threads!! The stories were just as good in real life. We tried to persuade them to come to a meet ....... fingers crossed. Anyway, here is a photo of the four of us on Bristol Docks just by the SS Great Britain.
    We all so hade time out with them in north yorks they nice couple hope to meet up next year with them when we go south once more Tom Denise

Comment

Nice cheerful picture. We have never managed to get into Baltic Wharf campsite. Maybe this year, we do need to book in to Ant's at some time for a service so will try and coordinate both.

Hope to meet up with everyone soon.

Comment

Thanks Mary and John , we enjoyed meeting you both ,and the conversation was both bright and interesting and a good laugh too.Its great that all campervaners seem to have the same "holidays away " and outdoor spirit.Glad you had a good time in the capital of the west country.We thought the photo was good ....a cheerful group...please excuse my Barcelona Hat as i didnt wear a Bristol Rovers one in case i lowered the tone (ho ho ) ...Wasnt it strange timing as the historic ship "the Matthew"sailed past when we were there....but the S S great britain didnt move though even though i did ask............Best wishes .....Mark and Shirley

Comment

Mark - I think I saw you in Broadmead later in the day - but you were moving so fast I didn't even have time to say 'Hi'. Remind us never to attempt a walk with you, I think you and Shirley would be there and back and meet us on the way out!!!!

Flo, we only booked Baltic Wharf a week or so back. I think weekends are very hard to get, but if you check the CC website regularly, the odd weekday or two does become available. We grabbed a Thursday first, and then a few days later the Wednesday became available too. Also they are very helpful on the phone if you ring the site direct. Very well organized site, it would need to be given where it is situated. But it feels very safe, and walking back through the docks at night was no trouble. There is a bus that passes the gate, but it stops running early evening. Def. on our list of a site to use regularly when we need a bit of city life.
          Mary

Comment

What a great picture, we have of course had the pleasure of meeting with Mary and John and hope to meet Mark and Shirley one day too.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I just wanted to say that Baltic Warf in Bristol is one of my favorite winter campsites,the pub next door does good food and the site is well drained with good windbreak hedgesaround it,and the toilet/showers are very posh.Lots to do in Bristol.

By the way,its nice to see the photo of cordyroy,its good to put faces to names.
              Last edited by Ian.C.S; 26-10-2012, 08:01.
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                I just wanted to say that Baltic Warf in Bristol is one of my favorite winter campsites,the pub next door does good food and the site is well drained with good windbreak hedgesaround it,and the toilet/showers are very posh.Lots to do in Bristol.

By the way,its nice to see the photo of cordyroy,its good to put faces to names.
                I agree it is a lovely site (if you can get on!)
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Great photo. Am glad to see you all so obviously enjoying yourselves. X
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X