As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C&CC Big Sites Book

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C&CC Big Sites Book

We haven't received our Big Sites Book from the club yet, anyone got theirs, or is it just us they have forgot?
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

We got ours a couple of weeks ago.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

We got ours a few weeks ago, but we didnt get the previous one , we rang up to say and they sent us another.

Peter

Comment

Got mine a couple of weeks ago!:so happy:

Go on give them a call!
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Mine arrived last week, although I'm not sure I'll be renewing my membership for next year.

Comment

We got ours about 3 weeks ago. I always find that book a bit difficult to navigate, does anyone else have problems with it?

Like Karen, we nearly didn't renew last year, so don't think we will when our membership expires next May. We just don't use it enough to justify staying in, although the temporary holiday sites can be a bonus for a cheap holiday.

Re your book not arriving, I should phone them, I'm sure they will send out another one for you. You've paid for it after all.

Comment

Yes ours came a couple of weeks ago
              Sue

Comment

Thanks everyone I emailed them and they got straight back and said they will put one in the post.
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

We also got ours a couple of weeks ago.

When we went touring Lincolnshire a few weeks ago we somehow managed to leave our Big Sites book at home. Disaster! I was surprised that the club site at Mablethorpe didn't have one we could borrow or even browse in reception.

I did find that C&C Club do have all their sites available in a format that I could load onto my Android phone - this was a real holiday saver. The site lists are in the members area under exclusive content and then satnav-POI files. I found that if I downloaded the csv files to my Android phone and then use the very easy to use My Overlays app I could have all of the campsites on a Google map on the phone - result!

I actually did this in a hurry in the van and downloaded the 3 separate csv files (Club Sites, Certified Sites and Listed Sites) so have 3 separate Google maps I needed to consult. I might smash these together into one file to make life easier - I don't think My Overlays will work with C&C Club's all-in-one file from the Garmin site. Still even the 3 maps wasn't too bad, especially since I also had all the Motorhome stopover sites on a separate My Overlays map.

Hope this is of use for anyone who, like us, gets a hundred miles or so from home and remembers the Big Sites book is still sitting on the dining table.

Comment

twin1

Thankyou,read your post and it reminded me I had not changed my e mail address with them. I keep logged into them and have them on my bookmarks.
                    Always check whats about when we travel.

Comment

Originally posted by madwoman View Post
                      We got ours about 3 weeks ago. I always find that book a bit difficult to navigate, does anyone else have problems with it?

Like Karen, we nearly didn't renew last year, so don't think we will when our membership expires next May. We just don't use it enough to justify staying in, although the temporary holiday sites can be a bonus for a cheap holiday.

Re your book not arriving, I should phone them, I'm sure they will send out another one for you. You've paid for it after all.
                      Mine too arrived a couple of weeks ago.
                      I also find it difficult to navigate. Nearly as bad as my PC.

However, it sounds as if Brian the Snail has found a way to complicate things even more. Though he must be brighter than me because the tone of his post suggests that he has discovered an improvement, however complicated!

Jim.
                      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by madwoman View Post
                        I'm very undecided about renewing. Out of 55 nights camping, only 2 nights were on sites in Scotland, 2 nights on a CL for the Kingsbury meet then a night at the awful site at Normans' Bay with the rude and grumpy wardens.

Before having the Romahome and a good leisure battery, I occasionally used the CLs but now even they're not necessary and if I could find a means of having a warm/hot shower without using sites, then I wouldn't need to use them at all, ever. I once used a THS but for a solo camper, these can be quite expensive.

On balance, I probably won't renew my membership. The £40 fee could fund 6 local trips away from which I'd gain far more enjoyment that the monthly C&CC magazine.

Comment

I never renewed my membership either, couldn't see the point really in spending on membership. Just had a few days at East Cowes kayaking and the site only charged £11 inc ehu.

Comment

Have you thought about truckstops for a shower? There is one near to us on the A14, they charge £2.50 for a shower and the meals are excellent value too. Just an idea. I know you probably wouldn't want to stay overnight, but its a solution for a daytime stop? There must be lots of them dotted around the country

Comment

Nigel - my thoughts exactly.

There are many sites which are a lot cheaper than C&CC at the member rate. The showers etc might not be quite as smart but providing they're hot and wet, I don't think this really matters and only 5 minutes of 10 hours would be spent in them anyway!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X