This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Aires with a small caravan

Does anyone know if small caravans are allowed to use Aires in France. Up 'til now, when in France in the Dimension, we've made plenty of use of Aires - will I still be allowed on them now I'm changing to being a tugger? The caravan in question is a Carousel folding van which is small as far as caravans go. The same width as the car and about 12' long - when it's unfolded, it's perhaps a similar size to an Eriba.

Any info gratefully received.

Doug

I haven't seen any caravans on Aires - but then I've only been to France a couple of times, but as far as I know they are only for motorhomes, campervans, etc- not towing vehicles.

Comment

Have used Aires a number of times and not seen caravans. Those with marked bays are obviously for Camping Cars and I think the french calling them Aire de Camping Car or Aire de Service de Camping Car sums it up.

Comment

Yeah - thanks for the input. I also posted on another forum and got confirmation that it is actually illegal in France to use an aire with a towed van - motorhomes only allowed.

That's a shame but at least we usually go out of season so the campsites are pretty cheap.

Doug

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X