This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isle Of Man.

Has anyone taken thier camper to the Isle Of Man ? We were thinking of going in mid September, after the TT. As much as I like motorbikes (see my avatar for mine), our trips are mainly sight seeing trips, and quite camping!!
    Can anyone recommend a campsite and places to visit ? I have been once before, on a flying visit for one day, and was impressed by the variety of scenery, beaches etc.
    Thanks, Alan.
    Alan

Hi Alan

Can't help to answer your question but didn't want to read and run. Many of the members are away at the meet, I'm sure someone will be able to give you an answer when they are back.

Never been to the Isle of Man so will be interested to hear what it is like to camp there.

Comment

Isle of Man

Hi Alan
      I went there about 2 years ago had a good time it was on a deal in the C & CC mag. haven't seen it since we went about 2wks. before the TT so not all that crowded the site was included which is www.glenloughcampsite.com it's farm site abit primitive but clean & the time your going shouldn't be crowded.
      We went via Liverpool stopped over night at the Caravan Club site @ Thurlston on the Wirral then through the tunnel too the docks came back via Heynsham,that was because the times were more convenient, one problem on the out ward jouney was the ferry I gave the height of the van (Dimension) + the extra for the TV arial which they said was OK but on boarding I had too do a load of shuffling because I was too high.
      Youy can buy passes which give free travel on the buses trams & trains but you want too try & get them at the tourist office before you camp otherwise your have too drive into Douglas can't remember much about the parking side of it but I think it was free on part of the prom. pick a good day for a trip up Scarfel it was abit hazy when we did it so couldn't see much.
      If you put I of M campsites in Google there is a list.
      Hope this is of use & I hope you enjoy your self
      Cheers
      Pete

Comment

Thanks for the info Pete, we plan to travel from Morcambe, as we have never been there, so one day in Morcambe, and five days on Man, back via Liverpool.
        Alan

Comment

going in 3 weeks

Hi,we're there in three weeks [see meet up] We tend to camp all over, including the free sites like 'the claddagh' at Sulby Glen and 'Moragh Part' in Ramsey [free permit needed for this one].You also HAVE TO HAVE a parking disc,these are free on the boat or call in the ferry terminal when you arrive .The T.I. is also in there with all the info leaflets you'll need, 15 mins free parking outside entrance. Look at 'visitisleofman.com'. this should help to plan your visit. Unfortunatly your 5 day stay will go in a blink of an eye, and if your like us you'll have a lump in your throat when it's time to come home. If you need any help we'll try to help....D

Comment

Hi D, thanks for the info! What is the parking discs all about, you say they are free but how do they work, and how long do they last ?
            Alan

Comment

Parking Discs

If you park in an area that requires you to display your Disc ,just like a blue disabled disc ,you set the time you arrive ,as some places have a time limit. [if you had a blue badge ,you can park all day ] I used to display the disc every time i parked, just incase i hadn't seen the sign. As regarding how long they last ,we will be using ours again this year. You never know ,the scheme may have been scrapped over the winter, we will let you know when we get back, hope this helps...D.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X