As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Duvalays have frozen!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Duvalays have frozen!!!!!

I have just asked John to bring the Duvalays in from the van so we can give them a bit of an 'air' before this weekend's endurance camp. They had frozen solid in the cupboard and it was really difficult to coax them out!
    Mary

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
    I have just asked John to bring the Duvalays in from the van so we can give them a bit of an 'air' before this weekend's endurance camp. They had frozen solid in the cupboard and it was really difficult to coax them out!
    It's at times like this I wonder if motor-caravanners are completely mad. What makes us leave our lovely centrally-heated houses? Why am I getting so excited as the day draws nearer....yep, completely mad!!!

Comment

stop whinging! its only a bit of frost,it will be mild by the time you get there!

See you all there :so happy:

lovely barmy ( I think I might have spelt that wrong!) weather!
      Last edited by Ian.C.S; 11-12-2012, 14:11.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

T1

Comment

You left them wet then???

My washing up liquid had frozen as had some damp tea towels!
          Last edited by Flo; 11-12-2012, 16:07.

Comment

Oh dear, Mary. Am so glad that you thought about airing them before the trip!

(A variation of one lump or two, eh?)

I admit I always bring the duvets back into the house after each trip, unless another trip is due within the next few days. Just don't fancy the idea of trying to get warm snuggled up in bedding that has been in an unheated 'room' for goodness knows how long.

We have just returned from Berlin, where we enjoyed three inches of snow. Both the taxi driver and my daughter thought me crazy when I said some of us are camping next Friday inthe middle of a cold field! 'Won't you be cold?' he asked. 'Oh no,' I replied, confidently, fingers crossed!
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
              Both the taxi driver and my daughter thought me crazy when I said some of us are camping next Friday in the middle of a cold field! 'Won't you be cold?' he asked. 'Oh no,' I replied, confidently, fingers crossed!
              Everyone thinks we are mad, written as snow falls outside at this very moment. But I must stop whinging according to Ian, that is Ian who never feels the cold, who runs around in shirt sleeves in sub zero climes, Ian with his own inbuilt boiler!! I just hope there is someone in our group who knows how to treat hypothermia, or is that hypochondria

Its getting warmer, the duvalays are slowly unfurling, Broadway here we come
              Mary

Comment

Have a lovely time and at least the weather is seasonal. I too do not feel the cold but would not much fancy sleeping in frozen bedding. Good you thought to air it all.

I always bring in my bedding and at moment my bedroom is cluttered with tent and equipment and all the van bedding, have no idea how it fits in the van.

Must get rid of the tent etc next year or soon I won't be able to access my bed.

Wishing you all a good trip.

Comment

That bodes well!
                  derek b and Babs

Comment

Actually seriously I think it will be fine as cold like this I think is easier to cope with than storms and rain!! As long as you have either a hook up or the esbacher I think you will be cosy and warm.....

Have fun everybody... wish I could join you but I have to prepare to burn the goose......

Comment

this weekend's endurance camp. :
                      Ha ha I love this description of the forthcoming weekend! It will be my first experience of camping in December, although years ago we slept in a canvas tent and awoke to find the ground frozen white all around us. We ended up three adults tucked up on one double airbed, clutching the (toddler) youngest child as a hot water bottle! Now THAT camping experience WAS cold! I'm sure our little Romahomes will be five star luxury in comparison.
                      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
                        You left them wet then???
                        Perhaps it was all the sweat from the summer heat

Comment

Hmmmmmm. Could not consider joining in this weekend, I will be busy packing for a flight to Madeira on Monday
                          I don't think I would swap with any of you, though the reasons for a sunshine trip are not good to look back on.
                          Anyway, I'm looking forward to being mollycoddled, but not the "lone" prospect.
                          Have a good time.
                          Jim.
                          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Jim - hope you enjoy Maderia. We love it there, especially the airport landing strip, which is abutted by water on one side and hills on the other. Slightly improved since 2000 when the the runway was extended over the Atlantic Ocean about half a mile in order to accommodate jet liners.
                            Mary

Comment

Jim - hope you enjoy Maderia. We love it there, especially the airport landing strip, which is abutted by water on one side and hills on the other. Slightly improved since 2000 when the the runway was extended over the Atlantic Ocean about half a mile in order to accommodate jet liners.
                              Thanks Mary,
                              This has long been one of my "targets". My "targets" are things to do and see while I am still able. I have always had a fascination for Madeira and the photographs posted on Google Earth really make it look marvelous. Unfortunately a virtual tour of the roads has not included Madeira yet.
                              A shame that I am not fully mobile yet, but I'll do my best.
                              Jim.
                              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X