As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

orkney

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

orkney

Hi not been on for some time - been busy what with cruising down nile and working too hard
    We want to take Ruby to Orkney this year has anyone got any recommendations for a site on either mainland or one of the smaller islands
    Barbara

I found a webb site that lists the sites on Orkney. It's www.ScottishCamping.com The site in Kirkwell sounds nice at, Education and Recreation Dept. (Orkney Isles Council), School Place, Kirkwall, Orkney. KW16 3DW. TEL: 01856 873535.
    I have stayed on Orkney, but not in my camper as yet. I am planning on going in 2011, hence the research into sites to stay.
    Last edited by Alan; 17-05-2010, 03:04.
    Alan

Comment

It's certainly a beautiful place, loads of antiquity, and the Ring of Brodgar has to be seen to be believed!

But do take some heating with you - even midsummer (when I went) can be cold with the winds, which are constant! And Delta pegs are a must if you're putting an awning up.

There are plenty of places to wild camp as well. I didn't camp when I went but stayed in a static caravan in someone's garden!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X