As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duvalays again! What thickness to ameliorate knackered Duo cushions?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duvalays again! What thickness to ameliorate knackered Duo cushions?

Hi all -
    My last outing to Sandringham was soooooo lovely and perfect - even joined a friendly Pilote rally group to see the Queen off to church. One fly in the ointment though; rubbish sleep despite a medium thickness generic memory foam topper. Can anybody testify as to what thickness Duvalay will sort this out? My '99 Duo seat cushions compress down to the plywood (almost)! Would love to get them re-done but it's just not worth the cost. Will the 4cm Duvalay do the job, and will it squash into the Duo luton to store? I know there have been lots of posts regarding Duvalays, but I haven't noticed any specific to completely knackered Romahome benches...

Can't speak for the Duvalays, but have you tried just putting the topper you have underneath the seat, and buying another for on the top? I know someone who did that and it sorted the problem. Both toppers could remain where they were to sit on during the day if covered with a throw, and no need to roll up and store. Comfy sitting area during the day as well!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
      Can't speak for the Duvalays, but have you tried just putting the topper you have underneath the seat, and buying another for on the top? I know someone who did that and it sorted the problem. Both toppers could remain where they were to sit on during the day if covered with a throw, and no need to roll up and store. Comfy sitting area during the day as well!
      Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried something similar which hasn't worked. I'm going for Duvalay but I'm nervous about what thickness to plump for - could be an expensive mistake!

Comment

How about some blocks for firm foam bought from the market, and placed under the seat cushions?
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Jacqui - the size of the roll is the problem. Although one does tend to get better and better at rolling it over time. I have a theory that it rolls better when warm and so leap out of bed and start to roll asap! (Which is in direct conflict with my continental desire to throw all bedding outside to air for a while). There is also the technique of hurling yourself on the roll at various intervals! Last resort, is the 'John, please roll this bl***y thing up for me', but that is mine alone, no sharing sorry!

We have the 4cm ones, are you going to the Kingsbury Waterpark meet? If so you are welcome to inspect ours and see what you think.

I am a real 'princess and the pea', our van seats are ok, but I still used to have several layers beneath me, now the Duvalay alone is sufficient.

I was very dubious, but have to admit they are a good investment.
          Mary

Comment

How about trying an airbed underneath the foam?

Comment

Thanks Mary - starting to talk myself into a new van rather than new cushions. Uh oh. Better order that Duvalay sharpish and save a few thousand pounds! I probably [I]will[I] get fed up with all the rolling and huffing and puffing, but better that than continued lousy sleeps.
              Won't be making it to that meet - off to France for a short vacation around that time, but I sure hope to see you and John again sometime soon. Back to Norfolk next weekend - Fakenham race course CC site. Hope I can get my 'Doov' delivered before then.
              All the best!
              Jac n Murph

Comment

Mary your post really made me smile imagining the shenanigans going on in your van first thing in the morning!

Comment

might be better and cheaper in the long run to just get some more foam for your seats and recover them! I'm thinking of going down the same route as mine are very very hard.
                  http://www.efoam.co.uk/foamshapes.ph...FVHLtAodOW4A9g

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
                    Mary your post really made me smile imagining the shenanigans going on in your van first thing in the morning!
                    (If only you knew!!) Thats why we have silver screens
                    Mary

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X