As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member potentially

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member potentially

Anyone who owns one of these would surely fit in well at one of our meets. Being a nosey lot we would have a field day looking round, would not take long though!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#axzz2Jgi9RIXf

I do wish articles such as these wouldn't refer to solo travelers as 'lonely'. It can create the totally wrong impression. *sigh...*.

Comment

I would perhaps be impressed with photos of the one the designer is supposed to have built.I doubt one exsists.

The Piaggio scooter is not very reliable and how you insulate it would be a pretty problem.

Not really the answer. IMHO

Karen,anyone who does anything on their own is always seen as weird,lonely or a social misfit by the rubbish press. Nil Desperandum!
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Just a bit of a fun idea, probably not to be taken too seriously. Maybe there is space in it for a chill pill or a bottle of wine!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian.C.S View Post
          I would perhaps be impressed with photos of the one the designer is supposed to have built.I doubt one exsists.

The Piaggio scooter is not very reliable and how you insulate it would be a pretty problem.

Not really the answer. IMHO

Karen,anyone who does anything on their own is always seen as weird,lonely or a social misfit by the rubbish press. Nil Desperandum!
          I don't think it will catch on either, but there is nothing wrong with Piaggio, Europe's largest motorcycle producer and the 4th largest in the world, they know a thing or two about reliability.
          Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Lonely traveller - now there's the problem with it, I'm not lonely because I have my dog - and there's no room in it for his bed so it's a non-starter for me!

Cute, though.

Comment

Fuel Efficient???
              Well maybe as a Tuk Tuk taxi carrying passengers in far less comfort than a similar capacity conventional taxi, but for a single person - no way!
              I have a 500cc Piagio scooter. My second one, the first got bent when I broke my ribs!
              I never really had a chance to check the fuel consumption of the first because I only had it ten days! The second though, only averages 50 mpg. Less than some cars nowadays.
              I would also guess that, conversion included, the price of this version would not be a lot less than a more conventional SMH.

Comment.
              Photo adding on this version of the forum leaves a lot to be desired.
              It retains files previously uploaded, which it seems are impossible to delete and refuses to add more. Is there a limit? Including previous uploads?

I intended to show that the camper(?) is in no way a "standard" Piaggio scooter.
              Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post

Comment.
                Photo adding on this version of the forum leaves a lot to be desired.
                It retains files previously uploaded, which it seems are impossible to delete and refuses to add more. Is there a limit? Including previous uploads?

I intended to show that the camper(?) is in no way a "standard" Piaggio scooter.
                Jim.
                You can delete your own photos, click on settings (top right). Halfway down the page that opens, on the left side, is attachments. Click it. A page opens with a list of all the images you have posted. Each has a small tick box to the right of it. Tick the ones to delete, then at the bottom, click delete.

All that said, I doubt you have reached your capacity, even if there is one, I have 159 photos totalling over 9mb of data.
                Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Thanks Glen, I will give it try. But this smacks of "if you cannot improve it - change it".
                  The previous method was so much simpler and MUCH less cluttered.
                  Jim.

Later:-
                  Done that!
                  SIX pages of attachments! Although only a dozen or so uploaded on this version of the Forum appear. EVERY photo posted by me, including on the old Forum are listed. The capacity/volume bar was full!
                  For a trial; hopefully the Piaggio picture is here,. Note that the converted unitis a THREE wheeler though.

Huh!! When I click "Manage attachments" I still get previous photos. Clicking "Add photos" produces options of "from your computer" and something else irrelevent.
                  Clicking "from your computer" just FREEZES things exactly as before.
                  This D*** PC (or Forum) is wasting my life!!
                  Last edited by Twolitre; 08-02-2013, 11:39.

Comment

Thanks Glen, I will give it try. But this smacks of "if you cannot improve it - change it".
                    Jim.
                    The method of attaching photos hasnt changed Jim? Its the same as it was before the layout of the forum was changed.
                    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Jim.
                      To be honest, I rarely visit the forum on the classic, desk top site, the iPhone app makes it so easy for me to pop in and out throughout the day. Loading photos on it are easier too. I know it doesn't help you though.
                      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Don't want to argue Glen, but it is VERY different on my computer anyway. Previously uploaded photos DID NOT appear. Each time was started with an empty upload screen to which current photos were added easily by browsing.
                        I have been mentioning the ease of adding photos here to members on other Forums where resorting to Photobucket or Imageshack is necessary.
                        The added virtue of the old system here was that My camera will take "email" suitable photos which did not require re-sizing.
                        Jim.

Comment

Don't want to argue Glen, but it is VERY different on my computer anyway. Previously uploaded photos DID NOT appear. Each time was started with an empty upload screen to which current photos were added easily by browsing.
                          I have been mentioning the ease of adding photos here to members on other Forums where resorting to Photobucket or Imageshack is necessary.
                          The added virtue of the old system here was that My camera will take "email" suitable photos which did not require re-sizing.
                          Jim.
                          No argument here Jim, I haven't loaded a single photo on the forum desktop site since the change, All my photos have been loaded on he iphone app.

Comment

I believe I have finally done it!! But it has taken over one and a half hours!

$T2eC16NHJI!E9qSO8GbYBQN6b1f80w~~60_35.jpg

Jim.

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but did anybody else catch George Clarke's Amazing Spaces on C4 tonight?

I guess this may be a different tuk-tuk but surely would qualify to join this forum

George Clarke’s Amazing Space _ Tuk-tuk Image.jpg

A tuk-tuk motorhome: A three-wheeled vehicle with cab and back passenger area, including seats, bed, TV, storage, cooking and sink area.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X