This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New video review - Bakewell C&CC

I have uploaded a video review of Bakewell Camping and Caravanning Club site at Bakewell, you can view it here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Smallmot.../6/0L4Gu2oWDoY

Please excuse the senior moment at the end.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    Please excuse the senior moment at the end.
    Hi Graham
    We have thoroughly enjoyed watching your review of Wolverley ... sorry I mean Bakewell !!! Consider yourself forgiven !!!

Could you please translate. What is an electric oook-ooop !!!

Seriously though .... these reviews will be so helpful for future reference.

Keith and Gail

Comment

Originally posted by Dorset Dimension View Post
      Could you please translate. What is an electric oook-ooop !!!
      Do you know, I didn't know I said it like that until I heard myself on video, it sounds awful doesn't it? I'm going to make a conscious effort to sound my H's in future, watch out for more videos, I'll probably end up saying hook hup.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi

Please don't change. Dialects and accents are wonderful. We probably zound vunny do you an all. Oooo arrr.

Keith and Gail

Comment

Oh Gail, you've just un-done a whole day of pacifying!!

He was convinced that he was saying "uc-up" and I spent ages telling him he wasn't.

Now look what you've done!

P.S. good job the camera was not on me during the 'senior moment' I was doubled up in laughter

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
            Oh Gail, you've just un-done a whole day of pacifying!!

He was convinced that he was saying "uc-up" and I spent ages telling him he wasn't.

Now look what you've done!

P.S. good job the camera was not on me during the 'senior moment' I was doubled up in laughter
            It was only last week that Graham started a thread about things that you wish you hadn't said !!! I really think that I should have posted this in that section.

I am so sorry !!!

Comment

Lovely review in spite of the senior moment, Graham!

I'm much more likely to go to a site when I've seen an honest review like this one and may go to Bakewell later in the season.

Comment

I'm glad to hear the review is good. Unfortunately all I get is a big black square or oblong. My computer is 10 years old, very slow, a fairly basic graphic card and Windows 98. My son is trying to persuade me to upgrade, but it is a question of which is more important. Sat Nav or computer! After this weekend I think Sat Nav is winning. Ann

Comment

Hi

Please don't change. Dialects and accents are wonderful.
                  Can I carry on saying "ay oop mi duck" then?
                  Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                    Can I carry on saying "ay oop mi duck" then?
                    I would be very upset if you didn't !!!!

Do you think that all of this will be forotten and forgiven by 1st October 2010?

I am banking on that happening.

Gail

Comment

Do you think that all of this will be forotten and forgiven by 1st October 2010?
                      As long as Yeovil don't beat Notts, I would never forgive that.
                      Graham

Comment

Hi Graham,

We've spent many happy times at the Bakewell site just outside Youlgreave village. We used to live in south Nottinghamshire where Paul comes from. It was just 1hr 25mins from our home so it became our regular favourite site. In fact we used to lead rambles in Derbyshire for our local rambling club, so we were often here whilst sussing out the walks. As you said, it's a beautiful area to be in surrounded by many lovely walks.

We're off to Derbyshire next week, so we'll be able to look up some of our favourite walks again.

By the way, Paul was pleased to hear someone who speaks the same language as him!!
                        Mary
                        :sunshine:

Comment

Originally posted by Annie van View Post

By the way, Paul was pleased to hear someone who speaks the same language as him!!
                          Hi Mary

Tell Paul, I'm a Meadows lad and proud of it. Although I'm glad I don't live there now.
                          Graham

Comment

Hi Graham,

Paul is from East Leake, and we lived there until we moved to the Isle of Wight 9 years ago. I loved it there, but being from Southampton, I missed the sea, though I really love Derbyshire and now we go back there from time to time for hols. Mind you, I think that parts of the Island are like Derbys by the sea - best of both worlds.
                            Mary
                            :sunshine:

Comment

This is one of my favourite sites and the great thing is that there is usually room whenever you want to go. It's much busier now the new hardstandings have gone in but after the rain of the last few summers I can see why the C&CC have done it.( Ditto the site at Crowden which also has new hardstandings). It is possible to set off from the site and walk a different route for several weeks. If you like to see large trout swimming in very clear shallow water then a visit to Bradford Dale is a must. A walk in Lathkill Dale makes a good day walk. I camped on this site last April and it snowed....it was a magical place that day....I'm glad I had a tin tent.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X