As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shivery weather for campsites

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shivery weather for campsites

I have spent the day getting ready for our first outing this year in the Dimension. Always takes much longer the first time as we have to put back all the items we removed at end of last season. Took me ages to repack the Duvalays and there is a pile of everything in the hall waiting for loading tomorrow. Wonder what will have been forgotten when we get there.

Just hope the van starts but it will be very cold loading it up first time at least it is just outside the front door. In fact I am cold sitting here with the heating on indoors right now.

Enjoy your trip.

I'm hoping it might be possible to head off somewhere later this week. The Brecon Beacons will looking stunning if they have real snow rather than just the light sleet we've been having.

Comment

Don't forget to pack your thermals! I was away last week and it was very chilly!
      Whippety

Comment

Checklist: thermals, bedsocks, hot water bottle, electric heater, mulled wine, hat, scarf, gloves, usual cold weather clothes, tins of curry. SORTED!

In my view, mulled wine is not just for Christmas but also for consumption when shivering on a campsite! Have you got a bottle or two hiding in your cupboard you can pack as well? Enjoy your trip.
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Thermals packed and Down jacket for sitting in evenings. I am happy with cold weather all day as it is a walking week and I prefer to walk in the cold, it is just the evenings when sitting reading that is the problem. At least it is a proper campsite this time so we have electric and will take the fan heater and the little oil radiator to leave on all night. First meet last year it was lovely warmish weather.

Comment

Took me ages to get the van up to scratch and fully loaded. There was some mildew, luckily most of it brushed off and the plastic just wiped and fridge was easy to wipe. Just goes to show how damp the weather has been because we have never had this before.

The van would not start and the power pack would not touch it. So call to friendly garage over the road and he started it in one minute and it has been running out there for 2 hours so am about to turn it off and hope for the best tomorrow.

The garage has saved us on a couple of occasions, they just have to cross the road and always fit us in even if really busy, it does take the stress out of everything. I will promise to run it more next Winter and will try and find out hwo to stop mildew before it starts again.

Any ideas anyone??

Comment

I've been at the caravan today getting it ready. Off to Sandringham on Saturday.
              Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
                Took me ages to get the van up to scratch and fully loaded. There was some mildew, luckily most of it brushed off and the plastic just wiped and fridge was easy to wipe. Just goes to show how damp the weather has been because we have never had this before.

The van would not start and the power pack would not touch it. So call to friendly garage over the road and he started it in one minute and it has been running out there for 2 hours so am about to turn it off and hope for the best tomorrow.

The garage has saved us on a couple of occasions, they just have to cross the road and always fit us in even if really busy, it does take the stress out of everything. I will promise to run it more next Winter and will try and find out hwo to stop mildew before it starts again.

Any ideas anyone??

Flo as the van is outside your front door why not keep on hook up with the oil filled heater set on the frost setting it will keep mildew and damp at bay it will also keep your leisure battery in good condition and not let it go flat, each time either battery goes flat it shortens its life by months

The Dimension on board charger does not charge the van battery though, I fitted a Stirling Battery Maintainer / Charger this keeps the van battery in tip top condition its a 15min job on a Dimension I fitted it on the Battery cupboard end behind the handbrake and all the connections required are in that cupboard. I got the Stirling unit fron RoadPro.

Running a van when stood is never a good idea.

Alf

Comment

BBBBRRRRRRR! I am not coming out until the end of next month!!

I agree with Alf, you really shouldn't keep the engine running for that long if you're not going anywhere! Really and ideally, you should have taken it for a run.

Comment

Alf is right about trickling a bit of heat, also opening windows on opposite sides when the weather is dry will help blow away the moisture retaining fug!
                    derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
                      I've been at the caravan today getting it ready. Off to Sandringham on Saturday.
                      Enjoy, don't forget to fly your flag so The Queen knows you are in residence.
                      derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by derek b View Post
                        Enjoy, don't forget to fly your flag so The Queen knows you are in residence.

Ha ha that's funny!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X