This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skillett recipe

Skillette recipe. Very tasty & Easy. Cook potatoes for 15 mins, then drain and put aside.Cook onions in skillett until soft and golden.Add garlic & cook for a few min,s. Add potatoes, peas (i used frozen) mint & season, finally the beaten eggs. Cook for about 10-15 mins, making sure the egg is all cooked then turn the skillett over and cook other side. (Like an omlette) I found this recipe and adapted it for the skillett. This will feed 4 people and is great with a side salad. I didnt use 5 eggs, i used 3 and used some double cream,naughty but nice. Perhaps Pauline can put this in the correct section as I was not sure where to put it.
    Attached Files

That sounds lovely and as it feeds 4 people it will be just right for us, I can have three portions and Pauline can have one.

Now you know why she so slim and I'm sort of ........... (fill in the missing word) I prefer cuddly.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

That appears to be a great recipe

Comment

That sounds good - it's basically a Spanish omelette. I do a similar thing and add lardons (small chopped bacon pieces), but any chopped bacon or ham is good - unless you are a vegetarian!

Comment

Yes, you can add ham or any other bits you fancy. It was very nice.
          The missing word in Graham,s post was "growing lad" I think. hahahahaha

Comment

That is a particularly useful and tasty idea, perfect too for the double skillet. We always have garlic, eggs and potatoes in the van and usually some left over veg etc. Handy if you can't get out to shops one night too.

Comment

....we usually take a couple of tins of new potatoes which work just as well in this recipe,(just slice them!) and it saves the boiling potatoes first! Thank goodness we had a tin left when we moved from Dijon to Chartres a couple of weeks ago, we didn't reaslise it was a bank holiday so everywhere was shut! (Intended to shop en route!) Made this recipe with all our remaining small tins of veg, plus our remaining couple of eggs and some milk! Went down well with a nice glass of Pinot!

Comment

Originally posted by greynomad View Post
                ....we usually take a couple of tins of new potatoes which work just as well in this recipe,(just slice them!) and it saves the boiling potatoes first!
                You beat me to it greynomad, as I was going to add that! Anything that saves time and gas has got to be good.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X