This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no vehicles carrying gas bottles allowed

Just thought I would let you know that they do not allow vans carrying gas bottles to park in Edinburgh Zoo carpark . I have never come accross this problem before and am wondering if it's another health and safety over the top ruling.just dread the implications for us if it spreads.
    It was a bit of a shock and I did not ask why.I was told I could park on the road outside even tho the carpark was virtually empty.

Hmmm, it would be interesting to know the reasons behind it, probably another ridiculous health and safety measure.

Thanks for the warning.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

it's because the summer heat might cause an explosion that could startle the elephants leading to an stampede through the street of Edinborough.

SORRY, I'M TALKING CRAP, JUST LIKE THE ZOO!

Comment

Originally posted by ecobezhig View Post
        it's because the summer heat might cause an explosion that could startle the elephants leading to an stampede through the street of Edinborough.

SORRY, I'M TALKING CRAP, JUST LIKE THE ZOO!
        Tsk ! And I thought you were being serious..........
        http://romahomeandaway.blogspot.com/

Comment

This really does not make sense, I understand why they get jumpy about gas in tunnels, but ferries simply want to see that its turned off at the cylinder, I wonder if this was a jobsworth excersizing his twopennorth of power/or ignorance.
          It may be worth phoning Edinburgh Zoo to see if it is a rule and why, it may have implications elsewhere.I recently parked up at the Cotswold Wildlife park (its a zoo!), and cooked my tea there, no comment from anyone except one parking attendant who said the coffee smelt good, so he got a mug full.
          My ju ju doll has got Clarksons face and several sharp pins in it.
          Happy days!
          Ian
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

We have in the past parked with a trailer caravan in the carpark of the Highland Wildlife Park in Kincraig, which is the other site run by the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland. Not for a number of years though, so presumably they have had enough time to devise a silly rule if they wanted...

Comment

iv'e emailed them to ask why but no response yet.
              I also visited the Highland Wildlife park in my van. no problems there and you are even allowed to have dogs in the van as you go round the paddocks.
              They have 3 tiger cubs who are a year old. they were great to watch playing and jumping in and out of water.

Comment

Hi

I spoke to a very nice man from the Zoo today and he said that there was no restriction on campervans or motorhomes which carry gas as long as the gas is turned off for the duration of the stay.

Quite understandable though that they do not want folk using gas appliances in car parks.

Comment

What about the fridge?? Mine requires gas when away from E.H.U. Are you expected to empty your fridge and feed the contents to the monkeys?
                  Alan

Comment

We have never used the fridge if out for the day and things seem to stay cold enough. Not sure about Champagne though!

Comment

The Zoo won't do very well if some pen-pusher realises that vehicles with petrol tanks are potentially just as dangerous and takes the "appropriate" action!
                      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

The zoo told me that they did not exclude any vehicle carrying gas and they do not know where this information came from. They do allow campervans and motorhomes to park in the car park. Gas is turned off when driving anyway.

Comment

I was told this by the carpark attendant. Wonder if she had not paid full attention in her briefing. I did not get a reply from the zoo when I emailed.
                          I had previously visited the Highland wildlife park and no problems. they even allow dogs to stay in vehicle while you drive round.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X