This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calor Gas

In an effort to gain less payload, I'm looking at fitting a 6kg Calor "Lite" bottle in place of the standard bottle. With it being 4.48kg lighter than the usual bottle and having a gauge of sorts, does anyone use one?
    As we can only carry 1 bottle no spare, especially in France, any gauge would be useful.

http://www.caravanning-online.co.uk/CalorLite/index.htm

Tony Anchorman
    Last edited by anchorman; 12-06-2010, 20:44.

How big is the gas locker then on the R25?

Not justifiable on economic grounds I know but have thought that the gasglow system does have the advantage of being able to ensure your cylinder is full before setting off on your travels.

Comment

I have a 'lite' propane in my caravan.

I have to admit I'm a little confused over the weights on this type of thing. It appears from reading about them that they are only lighter when empty - i.e., it's the container which is lighter. This one also has an indicator, but from reading up on them, it only tells you it's empty at the last minute... the indicator reads full until it's nearly empty when the pressure drops. Will go get the make later for you.

Not sure if you'll be able to exchange that for another one the same when abroad either, but someone more knowedgable than me will be along soon to let you know.

Comment

Swapped the bottle today with a Calor Lite one £20.99! But if it saves 4.48 kilos, money well spent.

Have also removed the rear steadies, as fed up with clouting the ramp on my drive with them. See temporary fix pics, Mark 1 "Romaprop" made from strong ally box section.The base swivels and you wind the centre until steady. Must be saving another few kilos with corner steadies off. Tried them on site and people seemed impressed, or were they humouring me? Also can't dig up the ground if you forget to raise corner steadies!

Tony Anchorman
        Attached Files
        Last edited by anchorman; 19-08-2010, 19:50.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X