This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dartmout delight

Got back from Dartmouth today. What a lovely site and the weather was 'wonderful'. Did some walking UP and DOWN along the coastal path!! Phew, talk about pumping heart! And that was just the fear of cows walking on the footpath and wouldn't move out of the way They made a move and I ran the other way

Large motorhomes seemed to have a challenge along the coastal road and we saw a couple come worse off after meeting with the buses, talk about squeeze through!! One poor motorhomer on our site was gutted to have a scratch all along the side of his motorhome, he kept spitting on it and rubbing it like it would go away!!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Graham and pauline in Devon!!

It was cloudy and raining in Surrey late this afternoon
    Jessie

We have moved down to Cornwall now (St. Agnes) but we loved Dartmouth, did you do the Round Robin? A cruise up river from Dartmouth to Totnes, then an open top bus to Paignton followed by a steam train to Kingswear and lastly a short ferry ride back to Dartmouth all for less than £20, we thought it was absolutely lovely and real good value.

Thanks to Keith and Gail for recommending it.

The campsite at Little Cotton was brilliant, a lovely spot just next to the park and ride, thanks to Derek for your review on the main website which prompted us to try the campsite. Look out for a video review when we get back.

Edit to say: Just noticed Pauline's post on the same subject in another thread. Apologies to the moderator for duplicating threads...............hang on that's me , (slaps own wrist).
    Last edited by Graham; 19-06-2010, 11:17. Reason: Added comment on bottom
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

We missed a holiday at St Agnes one year. I want to go there and explore the tin mines!! I look forward to hearing about what it is like there also. We are off to Cornwall in August with the Daughter and grandson. Falmouth, so there will be more walking and buses.... Let's hope the weather is as good as it has been. Enjoy St Agnes..

Oh and we will return to Dartmouth and do the round robin
      Jessie

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X