This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a lovely holiday we had

Well we are back and what a fantastic two weeks it was. We visited 4 camp sites in all, they were all good in different ways.

The first two nights we spend at Cheddar (see CHEDDAR VIDEO REVIEW), we chose this campsite because it was near to Bristol where the van was being serviced by Ant at Avon Motor Caravans, it was nice to see Ant and Pam again and have a chat, again he did a superb job on the van with a service and gas/electric check at very reasonable prices.

From Cheddar we went to Little Cotton campsite near Dartmouth (see LITTLE COTTON VIDEO REVIEW), we spent 5 nights there and what a gem it is, we hardly took the van out, everything was either accessible by public transport or walking including a Sainsbury's supermarket just across the road.

Next stop was St. Agnes (video review coming soon), this was very quiet caravan club site with no facilities, right out in the country but a short pleasant walk from the village.

Lastly we ended up at Damage Barton (video review coming soon), another great site (you can be a member of either club) with magnificent views over the Bristol channel towards the Welsh coast.

The weather has been fantastic for the whole fortnight only one short shower but mostly sunny and warm/very warm/hot.

Back to reality now and start planning our next trip.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Hi there,...

Nice to no the pair of you had a nice time, and you utilised, your trip with a visit to Ant!! Hope we have the same weather as you had we are of to,Broadlands tommoro to site our Vanroyce, which is at holy cross, just outside Norwich,Your most welcome to pop in for a brew any weekend.check it out www.broadlandsun!!! Take care now your back to reality, lol Bob Sharron
    Rob,:thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      The weather has been fantastic for the whole fortnight only one short shower but mostly sunny and warm/very warm/hot.

Back to reality now and start planning our next trip.
      Hi

Glad to hear that your holiday was such a success. When the weather is good you have a job to beat the West Country and as you know Little Cotton is a favourite of ours. We intend trying the Cheddar site at some point. Your reviews are so helpful in showing what the sites are really like.

Keith and Gail

Comment

I like little cotton in Dartmouth but I would never stay there. Sainsburys are conveinient too and Lidll.
        There's a nice beach called Slapton Sands that we do go to often. And all the other natural delight in and nr Dartmouth. We saved a fortune in campsite fees cos I live in Brixham.
        If I am right I have been told there are more motorhomes in the westcountry than the whole of the country put together.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X