This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currywurst Sauce

Grahame asked Derek to put his recipe on here for Currywurst sauce. Really nice, warming and ideal on sausages , Bratwurst, pork chops etc.

2 Table spoons olive oil, 1 large chopped onion, 2 tble spoons curry powder,
    1 tble spoon paprika, 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 1/2 cup suger (which can be reduced) 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar.
    Heat the oil, add onions,cook till soft then add curry & paprika, tin tomatoes, wine vinegar & suger.
    Simmer this for 15-20 minutes.
    Turn off heat & allow to cool slightly then put in blender till sauce consistency.
    Approx 2 tbl spoons is enough for 1 person so freeze remaining sauce in individual tubs for future use.

Very easy to cook and very tasty. It will brighten up any plain old sausage.
    Please move this if its in wrong place Graham. ta.

Look what we found.

Looking through my issue of MMM which arrived today I saw the food in pouches available from Sainsburys & Waitrose. Its called "Look what we found" (add the co.uk if looking on web) Apparantly these pouches last a year & have got to be better than lugging tin stuff about.Main meals look to be about £2.49 so worth a look. Space is important to us small motorhome owners. Less tins means more room for cake.

Comment

Repairing buttons

Another handy section I found today. A company in Cornwall that recovers buttons.
      They require a small piece of fabric and charge about 38p +p&p so thats handy if your Roma needs a button replacing.
      Its called Button covering services, Middleton House, Trenoweth, Grampound Rd, Truro. TR74EH.

Comment

Thanks for all that Penny, the Currywurst Sauce sounds great might try it on knowitallson and family when we get together for a meal.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

They are building a brand new Waitrose at the bottom of my road
          For years one of the camping staples for me has been Bratwurst in Pea soup,it seems they have something similar.
          these are most interesting,but some canned foods are very good,Asparagus for example,some canned curries,new potatoes etc etc.
          I like a bit of cake but stick with the lighter ones when travelling - it effects the springs if they are too heavy.
          I dont use the big supermarkets much,I like Lidl and the Co-op.
          Also I have lots of nice little shops and delis` I can use.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

That Bratwurst in Pea soup sounds horrible, give me salmon any day, it doesn't take very long to cook

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
              That Bratwurst in Pea soup sounds horrible, give me salmon any day, it doesn't take very long to cook
              Each to their own Megan, One mans meat is anothers Poisson! n`est pas.

Bratwurst in Pea soup is a traditional German dish,usually served with a coarse bread and a dry Bock.

Comment

Whats it like then?:

Comment

Whats it like then?:
                  Bratwurst is a lightly smoked tender pork soup sausage,best bought bottled.A tin of Baxters Pea soup,( it has no salt) and a small tin of mushy peas for extra body,some recipes use lentils,I have wondered about using pearl barley.
                  All in one pan Heat until thoroughly hot.The bratwurst is all ready cooked and just needs heating.
                  This is a rich flavored dish, some variations fry the bratwust in pork fat before adding to the soup,too fat for me,some add presoaked white haricot beans.
                  I just keep it simple,good bread is nice.

I like my salmon smoked and rolled around fresh cooked asparagus,bottled is second best. I also like tinned salmon and cucumber sandies.

meet me for lunch sometime?

Comment

I like my salmon cooked for 12 mins with new potatoes and wild rocket, its easy to cook in the van well it will be when I get my new one. Yes I will look forward to you lunch

Comment

I like my salmon cooked for 12 mins with new potatoes and wild rocket, its easy to cook in the van well it will be when I get my new one. Yes I will look forward to you lunch
                      See you at Morton In Marsh then!

Comment

Food in pouches, try the Striped Box Company. The food is cooked and vaccuum packed and will store for 15months, re-heat in the Mike or boil for 20mins, no fridge required.

Comment

I have found that tinned steak and kidney pies are great, they are made by Fray Bentos, they are about 15 cm diameter and all they need is removing the top with a tin opener and cooking in the oven for 25 mins.
                          They are a good standby as they have an expiry date of 2013.
                          They also do chicken and mushrooms.

Comment

Originally posted by eugene View Post
                            I have found that tinned steak and kidney pies are great, they are made by Fray Bentos, they are about 15 cm diameter and all they need is removing the top with a tin opener and cooking in the oven for 25 mins.
                            They are a good standby as they have an expiry date of 2013.
                            They also do chicken and mushrooms.

Mmmmm, Fray Bentos pies, I haven't had one of those for ages. Thanks for the reminder Eugene.
                            Graham
                            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                              Mmmmm, Fray Bentos pies, I haven't had one of those for ages. Thanks for the reminder Eugene.
                              Only a couple of years ago,I discovered that Fray Bentos isnt just a brand its a place. It was the site of the worlds first beef processing factory,its in south amaerica,it produced 100`s of 1000`s of pounds of beef product,each week.Its in uruguay,it employed 1000`s of people from all over the world,and had its own fleet of refrigerated ships,another world first. Oh,and its where Bovril was invented.
                              good articles on google.
                              the gigantic factory is still there and they want to make it a world heritage site.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X