As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WiFi at C&CC sites

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi at C&CC sites

Did you know that if you have a BT Openzone account you can access the WiFi on C&CC sites with Site Wifi* (provided by Wicoms Ltd) and you do not need to purchase the Site WiFi vouchers.
    Anyone with BT Broadband at home can sign up for BTFon.

However if you are far away from the Reception the signal may not be very strong - for example at Windermere we had to visit the on-site bar :eat:to check our emails!

* Some sites use a different provider - there are two slightly different symbols to show which is available
    Sue

Ahh, thanks Sue, we've got a BT account and that explains why we got free wifi at the Bakewell site when we went, that information is really worth knowing, thanks for sharing.

We are lost without our forum fix on holiday but the site wifi is a bit of a rip off, we normally end up parking right outside macdonalds (not buying anything) or lugging our laptops to Wetherspoons pubs.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Artoo002

In an effort to stop having to go to receptions to pick up wi-fi I now have one of these.

http://www.faculty-x.net/NET-WL-usb-cpe2512bgn

Will be using it at the Spring Meet, as there are a number of Fon signals in the local village.
      Did'nt realize the C+CC were Openzones, even better. Thanks for sharing.

Tony Anchorman
      Last edited by anchorman; 27-03-2012, 22:45.

Comment

We also have a T-Mobile Pay as You Go USB stick - preload it with credit then just use as required at £2 per day maximum. There are download limits so it's not suitable for watching BBCiplayer or playing games for example, but useful for keeping in touch with emails or checking opening times of places of interest for example.

Although I tend to check emails on the phone and only log on to the netbook if there is something that requires a lengthy reply as it is easier to type on the keyboard than the phone screen!
        Sue
        Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo02 View Post
          Did you know that if you have a BT Openzone account you can access the WiFi on C&CC sites with Site Wifi* (provided by Wicoms Ltd) and you do not need to purchase the Site WiFi vouchers.
          Anyone with BT Broadband at home can sign up for BTFon.

However if you are far away from the Reception the signal may not be very strong - for example at Windermere we had to visit the on-site bar :eat:to check our emails!

* Some sites use a different provider - there are two slightly different symbols to show which is available
          Thanks Sue, that is very useful info! Could have saved ourselves £10 at Kingsbury had we known! Suddenly makes C&CC sites with Wicoms Ltd WiFi very much more attractive :so happy:
          Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
            we normally end up parking right outside macdonalds (not buying anything) or lugging our laptops to Wetherspoons pubs.
            That doesn't quite work for me, I have about 20 or so Scrabble Tournaments on the go so tend to spend quite a bit of time online and often well into the wee small hours. Macdonalds/Wetherspoons would not keep John happy for that long!
            Mary

Comment

Just been to the C&CC website and we could not have used BTOpenzone at Kingsbury. They have a very comprehensive list of which sites do have it - link

It does have it at Bakewell which explains why you got it there Graham. Thinking back we also had it at Oxford.
              Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
                That doesn't quite work for me, I have about 20 or so Scrabble Tournaments on the go so tend to spend quite a bit of time online and often well into the wee small hours. Macdonalds/Wetherspoons would not keep John happy for that long!

I don't know about happy but he would be VERY merry if he stayed in Wetherspoons that long.
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I was at the Hereford club site last week and the wi-fi there is now free

I did have to fill in some details online when I first used it (name, email address & phone number) and use the password they give you at reception when you arrive.
                  Neil

Comment

Bellingham C&CC site has free wifi and they give you the password and just ask for a donation to their chosen charity.

Comment

Hello Wendy - my flower - don't see your name on here very often these days.

Hope you are both well - as are we.

Mike 'n Sue

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X