Kneel on your Duvalay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kneel on your Duvalay

To roll your Duvalay into as tightest roll as possible do it while the bed is made up. start rolling from the bottom and kneel after each roll and wait a few seconds for the memory foam to compress.

Simple

Rick
    Growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

... then find an elastic band strong enogh to keep it that way!

Liz

Comment

Elastic is no good. Use straps.

Comment

I used a good long strip of material approx 2-3" wide to tie up sleeping bags and other stuff the last time I needed to - I find its as good as anything else as as it doesn't slip. The last 'ties' I made were torn from the hem of a cotton curtain liner, didn't cost a penny, just the offcut from some curtain liners I shortened. I don't even bother to tidy or hem them either!

I'm working on a variation of this... My gran taught me to finger knit and make cord, and I'm experimenting with the type of nylon fleece that can be cut without fraying, which also doesn't slip, can be as long or short as you want it, and as thin or as thick as you want it to be. If anyone would like to try one out, give me a shout! I might put them on sale depending on whether anyone thinks they are useful. They are very strong, excellent for tying things up, even strong enough to use as emergency dog leads, guitar straps (made a few of those!) and extremely durable, washable and dry quickly. Anyone fancy a freebie in return for a review?
        Last edited by jayjay; 22-06-2012, 21:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
          Elastic is no good. Use straps.
          Ratchet luggage straps are very good for winching stuff like that tighter. You can get them from Poundland too! I wouldn't trust theirs to hold anything on a roofrack myself, but for holding stuff closed they're pretty good. I use a couple to hold toolboxes shut after the cheap plastic catches did what cheap plastic catches do.

Comment

I got a pair of orange ratchet straps from the pound shop years ago. They are very strong - used them as tie down for the Omnistor awning on the motorhome I had.

They've since been used for all sorts of things and currently keep my (home made) duvalay rolled up neatly for camping.

Comment

I don't understand what's so special about a Duvalay. My 1993 Chausson camper had the same thing fitted from the factory, as a standard item and I don't see what is different between that and Duvalay which is supposed to be Patented and A New Thing Worthy Of Special Mention In The Sales Brochure. I just don't get it. As for memory foam, surely when you roll over in the night, don't you leave a valley where you just were, and then roll back into it? I don't know, I have never tried it but that is what it sounds like to me.
              The dumbest thing I did this century was buy a 2020 year planner.

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
                I don't understand what's so special about a Duvalay. My 1993 Chausson camper had the same thing fitted from the factory, as a standard item and I don't see what is different between that and Duvalay which is supposed to be Patented and A New Thing Worthy Of Special Mention In The Sales Brochure. I just don't get it. As for memory foam, surely when you roll over in the night, don't you leave a valley where you just were, and then roll back into it? I don't know, I have never tried it but that is what it sounds like to me.
                I'm not a fan of memory foam, but I had been swayed to buy a Duvalay when I first got my R10. However, the staff member I spoke to at the NEC last year when I went there to buy one was so obnoxious (very superior and dismissive) that I changed my mind there and then, and bought something else instead. I've never regretted my decision.
                Anne
                My website and My blog, which includes 'On Location' trip reports.

Comment

As for memory foam, surely when you roll over in the night, don't you leave a valley where you just were, and then roll back into it? I don't know, I have never tried it but that is what it sounds like to me.
                  No, it springs back up to flat immediately. It molds to shape and pressure, so you get a shaped bit where you're lying, then it springs back when you turn over or get up.

I don't have duvelays as they are too hard to store. I have memory foam on the seats in a permanent arrangement. This is covered with stretch covers and sat on during the day and the sleeping bags rolled and put into the lockers.

Comment

Tie up the roll using a couple of pairs of old tights! Works perfectly.
                    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

That's all very well but if I try to get her tights off, I get a smart slap in the face.
                      The dumbest thing I did this century was buy a 2020 year planner.

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
                        That's all very well but if I try to get her tights off, I get a smart slap in the face.
                        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue View Post
                          ditto above, me too, !!

Comment

We used two wide elastics (like a garter) on each Duvalay - and pop in to laundry bags from the 99p store

When tenting they sit on the passengers seats with belts on
                            Cas @(*0*)@

Comment

Our Duvalays came with their own straps! We found them very comfortable but they were wider than the 2 single beds in the R25 so we went back to sleeping bags. However I still use mine now as a spare bed when I have visitors.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X