No announcement yet.

GOING GO POD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best think I did when working on my little R10 was insulate the floor .wood on top of a mettle van is very cold .And keep it simple and light keep the weight down Led lights dont use a electric pump it gobbles 12 v . a tarp tied to the roof over the door and down to the ground to keep to rain off the door when open . a comfortable bed . good luck with you Matiz. we have sold Pod and now have a Freedom Caravan . we will in 5 days .
    BuzznDave

Comment

Sorry will not be responding to Go pod post from now on
      BuzznDave

Comment

Why might that be may I respectfully ask?
        I omitted to mention in a previous post that I also have a Patterdale now. Re-homed and the most affectionate hound I have ever owned.
        Kind regards,
        Tony and Tigger (Tigs)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave and Pat View Post
          Sorry will not be responding to Go pod post from now on
          That's a shame, having owned one you would be good for giving advice.

Comment

Hi Pauline . and Alive 23512 ....we are V busy bunnies house hunting . I asked a year ago if there were any poders to carry on this post ?no response .nor from freedom owners . I have been told by members of this forum its for small motor home owners mainly Romahome owners and there friends ....
            BuzznDave

Comment

Hi Pauline . and Alive 23512 ....we are V busy bunnies house hunting . I asked a year ago if there were any poders to carry on this post ?no response .nor from freedom owners . I have been told by members of this forum its for small motor home owners mainly Romahome owners and there friends ....
              Don't know who told you that Dave but they are of course wrong. The 'friends' includes podders if they want to come.

No one needs to run the section, if they ask a question there will always be someone to try to reply, just answer if you are around Dave if not it doesn't matter, just like all the other sections on here.

Comment

I have been told by members of this forum its for small motor home owners mainly Romahome owners and there friends ....
                As the owners and founders of this forum Pauline and I will decide who is welcome on the forum and we want to welcome all and any units and that includes Go Pod owners. As Pauline says the section doesn’t need a designated person to answer the questions there are always people who are willing to try and help, enjoy your house hunting Dave and just come on and answer anything that you can when it’s convenient for you but don’t worry about it if you can’t.

Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Pod owners tell me they put a question on the forum and lots of people say hello and welcome but know one who has had a pod. they talk about there own unit .(not a pod ) when I had my pod It would have been nice to talk to another owner Any way both thanks for your post will do you as you ask, but will be rather busy .
                  BuzznDave

Comment

I've just spent an enjoyable week in France with a group of Go Podders (both current and former, 8 vehicles in total - 5 Go Pods, 1 Caravan and 2 Campervans), we get on fine with each other. I've not had a Pod myself but would be happy to ask them a question if anyone comes up with a specific issue!

Comment

Where does that leave me, Dave? I rally/meet with either my old camper van, or my even older great big caravan.
                      No-one has ever made me feel unwelcome, or commented about my outfit.

Comment

When I have chatted to pod owners there were 50 at the last meet ,and freedom owners ... They had joined clubs and left . I said join SMF join the caravan chat . my comments reflect There experience . ... Like You Emmerson we are happy . we are happy a field a tap Elsan . if near home within 50 miles a field no facilitys a few nights go home.... . We bought all. we need there in the freedom its sat outside ready to go always loaded ...Our choice we do not need EHU wash rooms shower etc.... way we can go away as often as we want. its all down budget .we have been away 55 nights this year 100 last year . between £5-£10 a night. been always welcome on fields keep bumping into the same people...Thanks Gregor....When I had the R10 and the Pod we were looking for EHU ....
                        BuzznDave

Comment

When I have chatted to pod owners there were 50 at the last meet ,and freedom owners ... They had joined clubs and left . I said join SMF join the caravan chat . my comments reflect There experience . ... Like You Emmerson we are happy . we are happy a field a tap Elsan . if near home within 50 miles a field no facilitys a few nights go home.... . We bought all. we need there in the freedom its sat outside ready to go always loaded ...Our choice we do not need EHU wash rooms shower etc.... way we can go away as often as we want. its all down budget .we have been away 55 nights this year 100 last year . between £5-£10 a night. been always welcome on fields keep bumping into the same people...Thanks Gregor....When I had the R10 and the Pod we were looking for EHU ....
                          I must disagree there Dave. It's not all down to budget - it's down to needs. Because Anne doesn't enjoy the best of health we NEED electricity, which is subtly different to WANTING electricity.

Comment

I will disagree there Emmerson as with you its need . with us its not wanting its not need.my choice of a caravan was down to budget what can I afford also Need will it fit on the drive. Then what have added like bigger battery and solar panel motor mover. to get to up the slope on too the garden off the road. So I personally dont need EHU . I have hot water a shower loo oven hob ; I need Gas I need some sun .And any way every thing I do IS down to budget meaning Money. But I take your point ...... I personal could not afford to be away 100 days as in 2018 and pay £20 to £ 30 a night .. £5 to £10 a night yes . So YES me Personally its down to budget...and need .or not...not need EHU.unless its cheeper than gas then yes ...Regards To Anne.
                            BuzznDave

Comment