Thanks for allowing me to join

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for allowing me to join

I own a go Pod "The Podfather" and whilst being admin on the Go PodPals Group, I was pointed in the direction of your site and see it as an excellent forum for go podders. I have owned my Pod for 17 months now and have averaged a trip per month. I am a sole podder and will be known by some members and hope to get to know others. Dave nBuzz Stringer first posted a rally in York with 22 go pods going. It is now in excess of 32 plus two motorhomes and, to avoid confusion, it is a POWWOW.....an event created by Go Podpal group for go pod owners who chat throughout the year to get together at the end of the season for a get together. I am from north of Glasgow and go podding has allowed me to be good friends with other podders the length and breadth of the UK, Ireland and even Sicily. I am delighted to see your knew page and feel that anything that promotes the use of such a wonderful caravan, just has to be great and I look forward to the day when caravan sites have more than just a chance meeting of go pods.
    Attached Files

Hi Laurence and welcome to our friendly community it's great to have you on board, I know you and yourGo-Pod loving friends will fit in nicely here and I look forward to chatting on line and maybe in a field one day.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hiya. Welcome to the forum.
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I think we are being taken over! I didn't realise there was so many.
        Welcome Lawrence and all the PodCasters. (Now at last I know what a Podcast is. It's a gathering of podsters.)
        suivez l'aventure

Comment

Hi Laurence,
          Welcome to the forum.

Tony, Barney & Podite (so named in case the Pod does not meet expectations and I need to do a letter shuffle).

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence Christie View Post
            I own a go Pod "The Podfather" and whilst being admin on the Go PodPals Group, I was pointed in the direction of your site and see it as an excellent forum for go podders. I have owned my Pod for 17 months now and have averaged a trip per month. I am a sole podder and will be known by some members and hope to get to know others. Dave nBuzz Stringer first posted a rally in York with 22 go pods going. It is now in excess of 32 plus two motorhomes and, to avoid confusion, it is a POWWOW.....an event created by Go Podpal group for go pod owners who chat throughout the year to get together at the end of the season for a get together. I am from north of Glasgow and go podding has allowed me to be good friends with other podders the length and breadth of the UK, Ireland and even Sicily. I am delighted to see your knew page and feel that anything that promotes the use of such a wonderful caravan, just has to be great and I look forward to the day when caravan sites have more than just a chance meeting of go pods.
            Hi to the pod father really pleased you have joined in on SMF. I've had interest in the Powwow could you put a post in the fancy meeting up section for any pod owners watching the forum thanks Buzzndave
            BuzznDave

Comment

Hi Laurence . all my running lights have stopped working any thoughts ?? as to a cause regards Buzzndave
              BuzznDave

Comment

Dave- if ALL your lights (presumably in your Pod) aren't working the most likely cause is a break in the wire somewhere between your towball socket and the pod main electrical box, if it has one. You need to get a meter and start at the tow bar socket and check there are 12v there. Also how old is your pod? After some years the wiring in the tow ball plug (and car socket) tend to corrode with water ingress so it might need cutting back and rewiring. I always dismantle mine when I get a new one and grease everything within sight, including my trousers and the driveway.

PS if you have a new computerised car, it could be that the computer which controls the lights has thrown a hissy fit. They are incapable of ignoring the fact that you might tow something, so they need to be reprogrammed or by-passed to allow you to tow.
                Last edited by gasgas; 14-11-2017, 08:37 AM. Reason: Electronics in the car?
                suivez l'aventure

Comment

Hi to Laurence and welcome to the SMH&friends forums!

I hope you manage to find the reason for your lack of towing lights on the pod, Dave.

Comment

Presumably you have checked the lighting fuse in the pod? If it has blown, make sure you find the cause before just blindly shoving in more fuses which will also blow.
                    suivez l'aventure

Comment

It tuned out to be water in the socket on the tow car pin 4 . at least I know what pin is for what now . after I got my very old but trusty Avo out
                      BuzznDave

Comment