Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    Hi Tony . thanks for the post . I am trying to keep the gopod thread going we all share experience and equipment regardless of if we have a tent campervan .motor home .caravan trailer tent .folding caravan .there is vast lot of experience on the forum .. many of us have had different units over the years . I stared out with an R10 (ronahome ) then a gopod for 2 years I did go to the pod powwow at Neyburn lock ...I Keep meeting up with Pat at many meets over 3 years . we got married in January we all ie Pat me buzz and Tilly . buzz a retired police dog ,tilly a patter dale terrier.our unit now is a Freedom Jet Streem twin sport. My problem was 14ft 4 ins x 7 ft is the max size for parking at home. that narrowed my search down when looking for a motorhome or caravan ..Also at 76 I need a bit of comfort . We enjoyed our time with the pod . we used a go tarp ,or a Airbeam porch awning. we used extra poles to raise the height of the Tarp ,well a 1/2 pole . also did the same with porch awning on Pats nu Surf . also make sure the pods is level if the backs up on the pod. it really makes the door stick up when the door is open.we used two ropes on the first poles then brought the back down at right angles to deflect the wind up and over the pod .tie down the corners ..if windy we would tie the back lower than the Pic. keep posting .good luck happy camping We prefer the airbeam as it has a built in ground sheet this keeps the wind out.when wild .re Del s post Hi Del. with 4 poles and the tarp horizontal ,the tarp will blow up and away eeee. We have used a tent or loo tent with the go tarp . Now with the Freedom we have made a go tarp slides in the awning rail with two poles keeps the rain off the door for the odd weekend away.S1440008.JPG

Leave a comment:

• alive23512
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave and Pat View Post
    1 I slide it in the rail on the roof 2 tie down the two ropes next to the pod about 18" out from the side in line with window 3 put the pole in the hole 1/2 way along the gotarp.4 put a peg in the rope at right angles .5 same opposite pole . 6 tie down the ropes at the end middle and r/h and l/h corners of tarp..
    Hi Podders,
    I've only just found this handy info. Must concentrate and try harder. I hardly ever use the almost useless tarp because of it's lack of performance in anything more than a slight breeze. Also, it never seems to go up the same way twice. The back door is always catching it. I'm now in the hunt for an awning without a ground sheet. Much research to be done.
    Thank you Dave (and Pat) for the information.
    Tony

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    1 I slide it in the rail on the roof 2 tie down the two ropes next to the pod about 18" out from the side in line with window 3 put the pole in the hole 1/2 way along the gotarp.4 put a peg in the rope at right angles .5 same opposite pole . 6 tie down the ropes at the end middle and r/h and l/h corners of tarp..

Leave a comment:

• Del
    replied
    Originally posted by 2BsinaPod View Post
    Which model and how do you find it ?
    The same model, but the poled version. Haven't actually tried it yet...

Leave a comment:

• 2BsinaPod
    replied
    Originally posted by alive23512 View Post
    Awning? I'm having a struggle how to put the tarp up properly. Emailed Red Lion and no reply. Nowt unusual there.

Regards to Podders everywhere,
    Tony
    Nope. They do take some chasing. After sales isn't brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• alive23512
    replied
    Awning? I'm having a struggle how to put the tarp up properly. Emailed Red Lion and no reply. Nowt unusual there.

Regards to Podders everywhere,
    Tony

Leave a comment:

• 2BsinaPod
    replied
    Originally posted by Del View Post
    We've also bought one of these for our Hylo.
    Which model and how do you find it ?

Leave a comment:

• Del
    replied
    We've also bought one of these for our Hylo.

Leave a comment:

• 2BsinaPod
    replied
    Originally posted by bluesdoctor View Post
    Thanks for this. Our Khyam is still relatively new and works well with our R20

However good to know there is an alternative out there

How much are they selling for?

Mike & Jane
    Hi

£199.00 for the pole version on the plus. Ours is air so,£395.00. The Grande is over £500.
    Do like the look and feel of them though, much thicker material, canvas like.

Leave a comment:

• bluesdoctor
    replied
    Thanks for this. Our Khyam is still relatively new and works well with our R20

However good to know there is an alternative out there

How much are they selling for?

Mike & Jane

Leave a comment:

• 2BsinaPod
    started a topic Awnings

Awnings

Thought we'd start the ball rolling on awnings..
    2 1/2 yrs ago we had a Khyam XL for our Pod, mainly because it was recommended by the dealer Red Lion. Lots of modifications later we had the perfect fit, needed modifying due to the large tunnel area. The non XL Khyam is a much better fit, had we known we'd of chosen that one.
    More recently pod owners have gone for different makes of awning and due to the knuckles going on ours we decided to buy something different too. We could have replaced the knuckles but felt we'd of been in the same boat a few years down the line..
    So.we have bought a SunnCamp Silhouette Motor Air 225 Plus. Much smaller than the Khyam in both length and height and has a ground sheet. Plus the material is thicker 300 denier and 6000mm HH so will not be as flimsy and much warmer. There are two other new models on offer, one larger and one with poles.
    The shop kindly allowed us to take it away and hold it up to Pod (didn't insert beading) in a small attempt to try before we buy, all looks good so we're keeping it and are away on Monday to Edinburgh to give it a proper go. If you're curious you can find out how we get on on our FB page 2B's in a Pod. We're easy enough to find, and of course will keep this thread updated too.
    IMG_7875.JPGIMG_7858.jpgIMG_7857.jpg