new go-podder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new go-podder

Our go-pod is on its way, due end of September. We're first time caravanners, just saw the go-pod and knew it was for us. Have read all the comments with interest about auto movers and keep changing our minds about if we should get one fitted. Even the manual one at £995 is ouch on top of everything else.
    Also, anyone got any advice or experiences regarding trackers? We want to get one but it's a bit of a minefield. We need one that covers Europe and is monitored 24/7 as the van will be in storage.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Welcome Borderpod, I hope you enjoy your new van, hopefully someone will be along soon who can give you some advice.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also shop online at our Accessories Store

Comment

Originally posted by borderpod View Post
      Our go-pod is on its way, due end of September. We're first time caravanners, just saw the go-pod and knew it was for us. Have read all the comments with interest about auto movers and keep changing our minds about if we should get one fitted. Even the manual one at £995 is ouch on top of everything else.
      Also, anyone got any advice or experiences regarding trackers? We want to get one but it's a bit of a minefield. We need one that covers Europe and is monitored 24/7 as the van will be in storage.

Thanks for any thoughts.
      Hi borderpod, welcome to the forum!

Personally, I wouldn't worry about a motor mover. It's a very lightweight 'van, and there are two of you, you should be able to manoeuvre it around manually without any problems. As you're keeping it in storage you don't have to worry about moving it around in tight spaces on a driveway. Once you've got your pod, find yourself a nice quiet spot and practice manoeuvring using the towcar. There was lots of helpful advice for another newbie recently on this subject! You'll soon get the hang of it.

I bet you're looking forward to your first outing in your new Go-Pod, good luck!
      Cynthia.

Comment

Hello Borderpod from me too.

Hope you have many years of fun in your pod

Comment

Hi Borderpod, and welcome!

Congratulations on your new Pod! Like Cynthia says, if there are two of you, you shouldn't have much trouble pushing it about without a motormover if there are two of you.

I would personally never own a caravan ever again without a motormover, as I have spine problems. My caravan is also lightweight at 650kg loaded, but pushing it around on my own is impossible for me. I would have given up caravanning by now without this marvelous piece of equipment, especially when getting the van back onto my drive. My drive is on a slight slope and you wouldn't believe how hard it can be to push a fully laden caravan, even up a slight slope. There are also times when I need a mover on site as well, to pitch it in the right place. Also useful to bring the caravan tow hitch to the towball, instead of trying to reverse the car to the hitch. That's pretty difficult on your own!

I once drove into a layby, thinking it had an exit at the other end, and it didn't.. I had driven myself into a pretty tight corner! I unhitched the caravan, turned the car around, then used the motormover to turn the caravan around and re-hitch. I could have reversed backwards, but it was far easier to do this with the mover.

That's my personal take on motormovers. I wouldn't be without mine.
          I would say if you are both young and fit, you won't need one. If you're not, you may, in time, need one.

Comment

Hello Borgerpod,
            I am one of the "stirrers" who try to tell "poders" that Romini ownership is better .
            But being serious - even my Romini which must be heavier than a Gopod is light enough for me to move around solo without a Motormover even in my very late seventies and even on grass. Of course trying without a Mm first will verify whether to splash-out or not.
            I really do think that unless you have some kind of infirmity you would regret you did not spend your £900 on using your pod more often.
            Jim (Romini defender).
            Oh! And welcome to the Forum.
            Last edited by Twolitre; 21-08-2017, 09:24 AM.
            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

hi BorgerPod..Im dave in peg the pod with buzz the dog. Ive have mine a year now . I am on own and I do have a motor mover there is a slope up on to the parking place and a low curb . I have been to some wet boggy places so un hitch and motor move into place also have had heavy rain when due to go so instead of turning the car into a tractor I've got out nicely as we all say you pays your money and makes your choice ive no experience with trackers sorry! regards buzzard dave
              BuzznDave

Comment

Thanks, that really helpful. The thought of boggy fields and our new car may just tip the balance

Comment

Originally posted by borderpod View Post
                  Thanks, that really helpful. The thought of boggy fields and our new car may just tip the balance
                  HI just another thought if you went down a road and had to turn around no matter how bad the surface or How Steep the hill the pod is in perfect control on the motor mover 3 point turn with the car the spin the pod around not possible on a steep hill ??!! in very tight spot easy to manoeuvre....buzz n dave
                  BuzznDave

Comment

Hi Borgerpod The Romini is around 375kg the wheels are in the centre of the body I don't think that thats not a direct comparison when considering moving it around compared to a Goppod that is 545kg to 750 kg. also the roman is 3 m long and the gopod is 4.45 m long .Im not a stirrer Jim I think the romini is OK.
                    BuzznDave

Comment

We decided to get the automover and it is brilliant. Manoeuvring the pod is so quick and easy, its easily the best accessory that we bought. Expensive but worth it. I am taking the pod to Matlock by myself next week, I don't think I would have risked it without the automover especially as the site has a bit of a slope.
                      Overall really pleased with our pod, first short trip was good if a little cramped as we didn't take the awning. Think it's an essential for future trips. Looking forward to another weekend away soon.

Comment

HI bordered.. So pleased here you are out in Pod Ive been away 20 times this year...I agree about an awning! Are you going to the pod pow wow the 20th oct nr York .My vans in the garage after some one drove in to it I hope to get it back today .Any time you want to know any thing you can send a private message. I was at a CCC district asso rally in Kendal Rained hard all week every one was toed off except pod the motor mover did the job just a thought wind up the toe bar high enough so the jockey wheel does not catch on V down ward bracket next to jockey wheel . regards Buzzndave
                        BuzznDave

Comment

Thanks for that Dave. Unfortunately we have visitors that weekend. Regards Jackie

Comment

yes ok I am looking forward to seeing lots of pods and what they have done to them . I will be off to most of the S.M.F. meets next year. on the forum ,in lets meet up ,I will be watching and joining them .I will be off to west moss farm Annan early next year a quick run up the m6 from here at barrow . best wishes kind regards Buzzndave
                            BuzznDave

Comment

Annan is close for us too we are near Hawick in the Borders. I'll keep it in mind. Our pod is cream with chrome and black stripe, a bit different but not wacky so that it wouldn't sell if ever we wanted to.
                              Border pod

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X