Considering GoPod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering GoPod

Hi folks - I like in Kendal and I'm considering a GoPod and will be heading down to Southport to view one soon. We are also looking at Eriba and T@B. I thought I would post here to get some supplementary information. We have a Ford Fiesta Ecoboost - Anyone else tow the GoPod with one of these or a similar smaller car - if so what is the performance like? I am 6ft 2in and my Wife is 5ft 7in - will the size of the bed be OK for us? Finally has anyone looked at other smaller caravans and if so why did you choose the GoPod? Sorry for all the questions but I thought I'd ask the experts!! Cheers Chris

Hello Chris and welcome to this lovely site

We have a Romahome Duo so I don't have the answer for you but I'm sure somebody will if you are patient

Comment

I think you might find the bed in the Go Pod a little on the small side. Please do check that you will both be able to lie down comfortably before you buy!

Comment

Kip is another make worth looking at, they are dutch and rare in UK although Jayjay has one, but they are doing newer models that I've seen at shows and do have some dealers over here.

http://kipshelter.nl/locations/

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/caravan...ns/kip/shelter

Comment

Chris, I looked at the Go-pod and one of the main reasons I dismissed it was the size of the bed - I'm only 5' 7" and I found that I had to lie diagonally on the bed so I'm sceptical about taller people managing OK - I think some dangle their feet off the end in the middle. I have also looked at the Eribas and they are really, really nice but a bit on the expensive side. I have now moved on to looking at motorhomes/campervans as I think that will suit me better!

Comment

Hello and Welcome I'm pretty sure you'll be too tall for the bed! You need to try before buying

Comment

Originally posted by JazziJ View Post
              Kip is another make worth looking at, they are dutch and rare in UK although Jayjay has one, but they are doing newer models that I've seen at shows and do have some dealers over here.

http://kipshelter.nl/locations/

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/caravan...ns/kip/shelter
              Yes, I have a very elderly 1980's Kip caravan! It was very hard to find, but the later models seem to be around a bit more. The beds in mine are 6ft3" as singles and make a huge bed if you want a double. Lightweight at 650kgs fully laden. I'm not keen on those new Kips,as they don't seem to have a front window!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post

Yes, I have a very elderly 1980's Kip caravan! It was very hard to find, but the later models seem to be around a bit more. The beds in mine are 6ft3" as singles and make a huge bed if you want a double. Lightweight at 650kgs fully laden. I'm not keen on those new Kips,as they don't seem to have a front window!

Thats quite common now on vans made in mainland Europe. Makes sense if you think about it, a window at the front is very vulnerable to stone chips and general road much and reduces the risk of water ingress. My parents Adria has the loo and fixed bed at the front where the reduced headroom because of the front slope is less of an issue, meaning the kitchen and living space at the rear of the van has full standing height throughout.
                Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Hi
                  ​​​​​​We bought our gopod last year and love it.my hisband is 6ft and it's just ok. I think 6ft 2" might be too tight both for sleeping and the legroom for sitting. Hope you find the right van for you.
                  Borderer

Comment

HI Cdempsey. If you ever come to Barrow you can come and see my Gopod .I have to agree the length of the bed would be an issue At 6Ft 2. it toes like a dream . There is a new model out this year and ongoing plans for the future . May be a longer bed . there are KIP and Eriba atTebay !?let us know how you get on and any way I can help regards Dave in peg the pod with Buzz the dog.
                    BuzznDave

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X