First proper trip in Gopod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First proper trip in Gopod

Went down to Chatsworth Caravan Site in Peak District from a few days. Super site, spotless facilities and direct access into Chatsworth grounds.

GoPod​​ did really well although the oven wasn't working again (went out when you tried to close oven door) following a repair inOctober. Stopped off at Red Lion on the way home and they put a new one in while we waited so should be good for next trip in May- big thank you for that. We also had no water in van although a minor flood all over the awning ground sheet! Turned out that a plug of ice had formed over the winter and forced the pipe off. We now know that you can drain the water pipe by pushing a small screwdriver into the hole in the centre of the water pipe plug in socket on outside of van. This opens the one way valve and allows water in the pipe to drain away. If pipe has come off removing the socket gives access and it's a simple push on job.

The heater was brilliant and kept us toasty as we had frosts two nights while the remote automover is probably the best extra we bought, so simple to manoeuvre into our tight storage space and also into position for hitching up.

​​​​​​We were very happy with the Pods handling in the road. Completely stable in the motorway and no effort at all for our Skoda Fabia.

One thing which we didn't realise is that not all sites have a powerful enough electricity supply to run some things like hairdryers or microwaves and you can trip the fuse which you may not be able to get reset when the site office is closed. Not an issue a Chatsworth but did cause a problem on an overnight stop.We are caravan newbies but learning fast.
    ​​​​
    Looking forward to going to Bunree site near Fort William in a few weeks time.

Borderpod

Chatsworth is a lovely site although expensive, you did well to get on, they are often booked up.

Glad your trip out was a good one and your oven is fixed. our oven goes out if you shut the door too soon after lighting - you have to leave the burners going until the ignition rod gets hot.

Comment

We booked Chatsworth several months ago and felt it was worth the extra cost, couldn't fault it.
      Our oven had something badly wrong, you couldn't release the knob or close the door even after 10 mins. Thank goodness it's gone. It's not as if I want to do a lot of oven cooking,but knowing I couldn't was annoying for some strange reason

Comment

I don't blame you. When you've spent a lot of money you expect things to work

Comment

Glad you had a good time and all the little niggles are sorted out now!

Comment

sorry to hear of your oven door problems.It can take a few seconds for the gas to get to the burners and the thermocouple to turn on ,I hope all ok now . I use my oven when wild camping . I am having blown air put in next week . I won't say I told you so but the motor mover and solar panel were the best add ons to my pod. so pleased the hear from you on the forum. yes you do have to watch the Kw of what you are using most domestic kettles FAN heaters. curlers hair dryers are 2or3 KW ie 3000 watts .So 1 kw ie 1000 watts , is around 4:8 amps at 230 volt Ohms law. the site gives the max load of the EHU in Amps So check to loading of all you electrical itms and allow a little margin. don't splash water around if you get water on the bottom of the kettle it will trip the earth leakage circuit breaker in the van or on the site supply that is a earth leakage fault in Milly Amps not load. hope that helps not confuses.enjoy the year kind regards Buzz Dave and Gulliver the forum Bear who loves to relate has travels on the forum he will be returning to Pauline later on this year to find some one to travel and explore with.
            BuzznDave

Comment

Originally posted by David stringer View Post
              It can take a few seconds for the gas to get to the burners and the thermocouple to turn on
              That's the word I was looking for when I said ignition rod

Comment

Should have updated. Contacted Red Lion and stopped in on the way back. Oven was definately faulty and they replaced it

Comment

Hi Borderpod.Pleased to hear it was sorted I either use my oven as a cool store bread eggs. veg , etc and with Buzz my retired sniffer dog its some where safe. or course as grill or oven. You will I hope now have worked out where to put things, after nearly 2 years podding there have been many changes . I hope you are enjoying pod and have been out and about.
                  BuzznDave

Comment