Replacing a leisure battery in a Go-Pod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing a leisure battery in a Go-Pod

Hi, we are new to this forum but are veterans of a 6 month stay in Europe in our beloved Pod (Podsy).

We are preparing for our latest trip but have realised our leisure battery is not holding charge very well now so need a replacement. It was a 85ah, we need one quick so have been looking at Halfords - they only seem to do a 70ah and 115ah. Anyone replaced their battery and have any advice please? Is 115ah compatible? I have asked Red Lion after sales as well but not sure how long they may take to reply.

We are not very techincal unfortunately!

regards,

David and Claire

Hi there. I can only comment insomuch as there is no reason why you can’t replace it with a 115ah, it shouldn’t do any harm. It really is just a case of whether it fits in the space of your existing battery and can be vented accordingly, etc.

Panda
    These broken wings are gonna leave me here to stand my ground........

Comment

Hi - the larger the better - (think of it as a tank containing electricity instead of water) Take into account the physical size and weight. I personally always buy my batteries from Alpha Batteries if ordered before 3pm next day Parcel Force 24 delivery.
      https://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/
      I have no connection with them other than being a very satisfied customer.
      Jon
      Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori
      https://smallromahome2oldies1largedo...logspot.co.uk/

Comment

Not that it will help you much, but I have just replaced my 85amp with a 110amp and the 85 is only 7 months old. I have it in my shed as a solar power pack for my lights.

Comment

If the 115ah battery fits in the space you have go for it you will have no harm done. I have done this on my old van (years ago) from 55ah battery (car when I got it) to a 100ah lesure battery. I upgraded my late wifes mobility scooter from 55ah batterys to 85ah, only diffrence was how long they lasted. Big down fall if you can call it that is charging time, but with your split charger that will not be a problem, only if you charge on a battery charger.

Comment

Hi we have been travelling for 2 years in Poddington the battery is fine with a solar panel on the pop top the battery is a sealed one .so if you have an un sealed one will give off dangerous gasses unless in a sealed vented box !!! regards from Buzz the dog me Dave . Pat my Partner and tilly the dog. also Gulliver the forum (Bear a mascot of the SMF, travels with different members each year see Gullivers travels ! } on the forum . envy you the Europe travels. just a thought !Lift off the battery connectors clean the battery posts Ie Lead stalks push the connectors down firmly this may be the problem, it can be with push fit connectors ..
            BuzznDave

Comment

I tend to use the highest Ah battery I have room for. In the end the Amp Hour is the output you can expect from a battery in terms of output and time. Of course if you tend towards"wilding" a battery can hardly be too big, But if using sites with EHU a battery of any size is hardly a necessity.
              Another way of saying "horses for courses?
              Jim.
              P.S. The only time I use EHU is if I need to charge my Electric Bike battery. Recharging that from my leisure battery would flatten it rapidly even if I could sort out a suitable charger or use an inverter.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Jim, just returned from Taunton meet. Really missed you, there was Siddicks Romini and mine on site. Hopefully you will make the next meet. Take care. Kate

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X