No announcement yet.

New Go-Podder - awning question!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Go Podders I’m new to the forum and I have a Going Go Pod looking forward to joining in and listening and learning too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebonichick View Post
      Hello Go Podders I’m new to the forum and I have a Going Go Pod looking forward to joining in and listening and learning too.
      Welcome Ebonichick hope you enjoy your go pod.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Ebonichick and welcome. I love the little Go-Pods and will enjoy hearing about your travels

Comment

What do you think of this to use with a Go Pod?

Comment

Hi, we've just joined the forum with our Nu Venture Rio, but we were "Go Podders" for several years.
            It took us a while to solve the awning issue with our Pod. Yes, you can have a small free standing tent to house all your bits and pieces, but if you need a bit more attached living space then an awning does work better. Yes, you need a freestanding motorhome type awning because the Pod only has a very short attachment rail above the door, and this can only accommodate the leading edge of a "Tunnel" that normally connects the awning to the motorhome. The big trick is to ensure the tunnel is long enough to enable you to open the Pod door without fouling the awning fabric. Failing to do this wasted us £300 on our first awning! Next the awning is at best only a loose fit along the sides of the Pod, so expect draughts if the wind is in the wrong direction.
            We ended up with a Vango "Airaway" Kela 2. but it was expensive at £500!
            Hope this helps. We enjoyed our Pod and only sold it back to Red Lion because we couldn't bend like we once did!

Comment