HOW MUCH????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW MUCH????

As most of you know by now we have decided to sell the Talbot and buy a caravan but posting the van on Ebay didn't produce any interest, and we had the Thoresby event to plan for so I didn't have time to re-list.
    It was a bit inconvenient, but the insurance became due on the bus on the 3rd August so I re-newed it for £200.
    Over the weekend we found a caravan that suits us so we put a deposit on it and re-listed the bus now that we don't need it any more. I telephoned the insurance company to cancel the insurance yesterday and they have charged me £74 for cancelling.
    That's for 14 days insurance! No point naming and shaming because they are probably all at it, but when I take into account Tax, Insurance, MOT and the costs of repairs/parts etc. I'm going to save myself over £500 a year by swapping to the caravan.
    That's enough for another week away.

A similar thing happened to me as well. I had to cancel my insurance on my little campervan just three weeks after renewing it. At first they said they didn't owe me any refund, quoting t&C's etc. So I went through them with a fine toothcomb and discovered that they did owe me a partial refund. It wasn't much though. I think the insurance for just one month ended up costing me around £100, they only gave me £20 as a partial refund. It's a disgusting practice IMHO.

Comment

I have had to cancel several insurance policies just recently as we changed to having just the one car. All with Tesco bank insurance. i think they charged me a £35 admin fee but other than that i got refunded for all the remaining months. I still think £35 is a rip off for pressing a couple of buttons but its better than i've experienced elsewhere. They were by far and away the cheapest quote for the last 2 years as well.
      Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment