Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifications Insurance and increased premiums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifications Insurance and increased premiums.

It's a few weeks off yet before I start looking for insurance for my romahome.

I was chatting with a guy yesterday about modifications that I'd done to my camper, such as installing electric windows and central locking, I'll also be installing front & rear sensors along with a reversing camera in the near future, the guy I was chatting to was a lot younger than myself and he suggested I say nothing to my insurance company that was until I pointed out that if you are involved in an accident these modifications and not declaring them will almost make your insurance null & void.

Now my question is this? Will these modifications increase my insurance? reading online about insurance and it seems that insurance companies will do anything to increase a premium, do you believe this to be true although any modifications that I have made now or in the future will be only for safety reasons.

One such comment I read was like the Citroen C15 the brakes are not how we would like them to be. This guy's car was also fitted with poor braking and he upgraded to a bigger disk and better callipers and yet his insurance company increased his premium by £30 with £10 admin fee. In my mind I think this was totally wrong as the guy was improving the safety of his vehicle.

Any feedback from insurance companies on here would be welcome.
    "Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time"