Motorhome insurance with business use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorhome insurance with business use

I need class I business insurance on my motorhome if possible. Although I own a separate car for work I will on occasion wish to drive away for the weekend camping direct from work. As I work from a variety of locations this means I need insurance for business use.

Can anybody suggest insurers that allow this because it is proving time consuming at the moment searching

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
    I need class I business insurance on my motorhome if possible. Although I own a separate car for work I will on occasion wish to drive away for the weekend camping direct from work. As I work from a variety of locations this means I need insurance for business use.

Can anybody suggest insurers that allow this because it is proving time consuming at the moment searching
    It depends what type of job you do but the CoOp used to be very accomodating unles you carry tools or are in selling or entertainment.
    Colin

Comment

This is something I needed - but also to include 'carriage of goods in connection with the policyholder's business'. It was possible to find Class I with a few insurers (eg Comfort) or 'SD&P plus commuting to a fixed place of work' but I couldn't find any insurer who would also include carriage of goods.

It's worth shopping around - the policies do exist but they're not quite as easy to find. I wish I'd retained my quotes because one insurer included 'commuting' (but not Class I) at no extra charge.

Comment

Commuting I can find but is often very limited... there are all sorts of odd situations it does not cover... such as driving on the odd occasion to a trainning venue.... (immediately class one business by my understanding).

Comment

This is the problem I had - camper policies were too restrictive and would only allow SD&P plus commuting; no Class I use and no carriage of goods. I had to maintain two vehicles as a result. Now I've given up with a motorhome policy and just run my van (which I camp in).

Comment

Hello Tentpeg,
            I have business use with Safeguard. I use my van as my main vehicle and Safeguard simply matched what I had with my car insurance. My husband also uses his car for business, and he is insured on the van as a named driver also with business use.
            Aileen

Comment

You could give campton insurance brokers a ring, they were extremely helpful when we used them a few years back, it wasn't for business use in our case but they were very good at looking for a policy that was perfect for our unusual request.
              Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

We went through this last week as we want to sell our car and have the campervan as our main vehicle - which means having business insurance on it. Most motorhome insurers will not include business use.

The C&CC were very helpful and suggested Adrian Flux (they gave us quite a high quote) and Comfort (their quote was less than our existing policy that did not include business use).

Business use is possible, it just takes a bit of persistence!
                Mary

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X