Insurance for 90 year old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peteadams67 View Post
    What's the outcome of the 90yr old Motor hotorhome insurance?
    Pete
    I don’t know Pete, it was one of Urban Campers customers I passed on all the info I received, they were very grateful and said it would help not only this customer but future ones too, I’ll ask them how it went.

Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also help the forum by shopping online at Amazon using this link

Comment

OK thanks Graham be nice to know how they got on for future reference.
      Pete

Comment

My Dad was insured through Saga, and stayed with them until he felt unsafe to drive anymore. His car insurance went up and up every year. at 87 y/o they quoted him £700, and I called them at that point, as previously they had just paid up every year. I found that they were paying for a lot of unnecessary things on their insurance, including some sort of extra insurance policy! I got the quote down to £560 for the year.

Which goes to show, you should always question their initial quotation for the year, never just pay it blindly.

Comment

I'm 86 and have been with LV for many years. I pay £727 fully comp for my campervan. I shop around each year and find that most won't even quote when you say you are over 80.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post

Adrian Flux have quoted a whopping £1,500, hoping to get a better quote.
            I have always found Adrian Flux expensive and the service poor. Their quote for a limited mileage, classic car policy on the ancient little Fiesta I've just bought was dearer than a bog standard, unlimited mileage quote from Tesco. Yet people seem to rave about AF...... Perhaps they just don't like me....
            Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

I have been with Peter James insurance for m classics for as long as I can remember and they seem to give pretty good value. I had a multi car policy which got a bit expensive with four cars on, all due for renewal on the same date, so I split some off onto other companies. When we swapped the motorhome for the caravan I tried adding the pug onto my classic policy and they won't do it, so I now have two policies going . The main thing to watch out for with a classic policy is that you don't qualify for no claims bonus, so if you have any when you start the policy, you won't get any more years added when you leave, and if you keep your modern on a classic policy for too many years you may loose your no claims bonus altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by MYKE View Post
                I have been with Peter James insurance for m classics for as long as I can remember and they seem to give pretty good value. I had a multi car policy which got a bit expensive with four cars on, all due for renewal on the same date, so I split some off onto other companies. When we swapped the motorhome for the caravan I tried adding the pug onto my classic policy and they won't do it, so I now have two policies going . The main thing to watch out for with a classic policy is that you don't qualify for no claims bonus, so if you have any when you start the policy, you won't get any more years added when you leave, and if you keep your modern on a classic policy for too many years you may loose your no claims bonus altogether.
                I was with Peter James for my Triumphs but they wouldn't quote on the Fiesta as it's under 30 years old. I have 4 years no claims which was due to expire this year anyway as i haven't used it. We had been swapping the citroen insurance between myself and Vicki to keep both NCB active but this time round the price difference between insuring it in my name vs Vicki's made it not worth it. I am able to use it to get a discount on the Fiesta insurance which is good but it will then expire i think. I should retain the discount if i stay with Lancaster for the renewal but i wouldn't be able to use it anywhere else. As Lancaster were the only ones who would accept it on a classic policy at a sensible price i think i'll likely be sticking with them anyway.
                Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

It won't be any use in terms of the question asked in #1 so probably OT.....but non the less maybe mildly interesting...

we do have over here a different system, the car is insured, whoever does drive it....the owner of the car still gets premium rates when history of no accidents (no claim bonus) and so on...

So, our car can be driven by my 84 year old father in law as long as he has a valid drivers licence and in his case, being Australian, an additional International Drivers Licence...my daughter can drive it, I can lend it to my neighbours or friends...no problems at all...no need to notify the insurance company or anybody else...

a quote

"Belgian car insurances are in general more expensive than in other countries since it is not the owner or the driver which is insured, but the whole car. Which means that another person than the owner can drive the car, and it is still insured. However, you would need additional coverage to get compensation for injuries sustained to the driver. This is an important aspect in Belgian law."

from here (the quote)

https://moving-tobelgium.be/car-insurance-belgium/

same in Germany, Austria and...and...

To the above quote, "more expensive", I do not agree with that, .....but less profit for the insurance companies with the Belgium system certainly being the case...
                  Last edited by NiedrigerIQ; 13-04-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Ah! those were the days. In the sixties you had a choice of third party only, third party, fire and theft, or fully comp. you could also insure yourself to drive any vehicle, but where there's a loophole, somebody's always going to take advantage, and I have to admit, I'm as guilty as anyone else. The policy I had taken out for a Reliant three wheeler also covered my MkII Jaguar. Although to be fair, I didn't keep the Jag very long. I swapped it for a Ford Anglia when the price of petrol went up to 50 p. a gallon. Happy days.....

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X