ducato insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Sitter View Post
    The trouble is with all this as you get older the options become far less as some insurance companies won't insure older drivers unless they are existing customers. It's the usual story, you may win some battles but in the end you are unable to win the war. I would advise anybody as they get older to see what their options are regarding the age that various companies will insure to.
    Janet
    That is very good advice. I've been insured with LV for many many years and when they quoted me £750 I decided it was time to fish around. No other company would even give me a quote when I told them my age (87 this year). Over 60 years of trouble free motoring and a certificate showing that I had taken the IAM mature driver assessment and found to be competent meant nothing to them.
    Last edited by codger; 07-07-2018, 09:40 AM.

Comment

my contention was that for a phone call I could get £105 knocked off and no mention of ncd! with the initial asking price at £628, reducing ultimately to £312. imagine going into your supermarket or grocery emporium and haggling and quibbling with the till operator until she agrees a " fair " price.
      Last edited by doog; 07-07-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doog View Post
        my contention was that for a phone call I could get £105 knocked off and no mention of ncd! with the initial asking price at £628, reducing ultimately to £312. imagine going into your supermarket or grocery emporium and haggling and quibbling with the till operator until she agrees a " fair " price.
        I believe that there are people who never pay the marked price for goods - they always haggle, you need to have a strong nerve to get away with it!

Insurance is one area where it's got completely ridiculous though - they count on inertia and fleece their loyal existing customers for everything they can get.

Comment

I know this is considered the " modern" way to get insurance, but I still think its unethical . not overly impressed.
          I think you should bear in mind they (the insurance company / broker) set out to act (what in your mind is) unethically -
          The give away is at some point you will be asked, "What have you been quoted?"
          At this point there are 2 figures on the screen - the high one is the price they would like to get from you. The Low one is the lowest price they will charge - if your quote is somewhere between the 2 the next words you hear will be "I can do better than that!"
          Jon

Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori
          https://smallromahome2oldies1largedog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Some companies don't allow NCD on motorhome insurance, some do. Beware if you switch to one that doesn't because when you change again you may not be able to get a proof of NCD for your full amount, only the number of years with the latest one.

I suspect one of the reasons why Doog's is higher than others mentioned on here is because of where he lives - higher motorhome theft rate in Kent than Cornwall or Nottingham, because they can hop it straight on to a ferry and off to Europe before it's missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
              Some companies don't allow NCD on motorhome insurance, some do. Beware if you switch to one that doesn't because when you change again you may not be able to get a proof of NCD for your full amount, only the number of years with the latest one.

I suspect one of the reasons why Doog's is higher than others mentioned on here is because of where he lives - higher motorhome theft rate in Kent than Cornwall or Nottingham, because they can hop it straight on to a ferry and off to Europe before it's missed.
              That's a good point Caz I'd not thought of that.

Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

after much faffing abaht, one has insured the jalopy. the original quote from flux was £438! I thought they must have mixed me up with a 17 year old, who'd just slung his L plates! anyway after almost an hour on the phone too Adrian I finally got fed up and agreed on £417. I expect the phone bill will take the " saving". what a blooming shambles. what happened to the days when good driving meant cheaper premiums! if it wasn't for the good weather one would not be amused! was told that campervans do not qualify for no claims discount! please don't tell me otherwise!................ nearly happy days!
                Hi,
                If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take a look at your policy to see if any reason why you feel it might be expensive. Also not sure what's going on regarding NCD. Whilst we do have some schemes that do accrue the majority of our schemes do earn NCD in the same way as a car policy does.
                Regards,
                Dan.

Comment

I've been quoted just over £481 by AF on an NV200, which is much smaller than yours. To be fair, I asked for business use as well as I have to drive from one workplace to another, including on Friday when I plan on using the van to go to work and then head off for the weekend straight after. The dog doesn't want me to take out any seats and I guess it's the same for all the mainstream ones. I'm going to reconsider options on the van but I still want it to be a convenient vehicle both in when I use it and what I do to it. I was shocked as well but maybe it's a normal quote for a first time campervanner/converter. I think they were very generous in how long they allowed me to convert it. BTW I'm planning a non-standerd, non DVLA campervan status van with no extra electrical wiring and a 1 burner alcohol stove, both of which are sufficient for my needs. I'm surprised at the low quotes mentioned on here but I guess if you've been campervanning for years...

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X