No announcement yet.

AIB Insurance - Green Cards post Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look at many french cars the gilet jaune is on the seat backrest. In our Romahome they live on the shelf above the windscreen.

We have had Police roadside checks, docs and the vest nothing about spare bulbs (that died a death after the Renault Megane bulb changing fiasco) or about breathalysers. The law still exists but is not enforced since the french refused to carry them

Remember, warning triangle, 2 if towing a caravan, first aidkit and spare pair of specs if you wear them for driving. Do a couple of photocpoies of your imprtant docs, hide 1 set in the vehicle. Also is is against the law not to stop and offer assistance if you witness an accident and you must have a first aid kit though what needs to be in it no one seems to know.

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
      Thinking further, why a GB sticker anyway? The Isle of Man is part of GB but not the UK. You have IOM oval stickers. What about Jersey, similarly. So in fact our oval stickers should say UK not GB. Or something with lots of Ls and Ys if you are west of the River Severn, and an oval with a haggis or a kilt if you are north of Hadrian's Wall.
      It's bed time. Can you tell?
      Andrew your memory cells are failing or your powers of observation failed in your younger years. There were various permutations of the GB plate in those days of yore:-
      GBG Gurnsey
      GBJ Jersey
      GBZ Gibraltar

and you will be pleased to read GBM Isle of Man
      some Cornish nationalists in those long ago days put on plates GBK Kernow
      Most Scots Nats refused the GB bist and had plates reading ECOSSE
      I suppose the real question would be - in this day and age could you say GREAT BRITAIN and keep a straight face.
      There is a very helpful Wikipedia page with the Internationally agreed letters https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...istration_code but then I guess if you against being told what to do be foreign governments you would not want to comply with any of these regulations.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
        Also is is against the law not to stop and offer assistance if you witness an accident and you must have a first aid kit though what needs to be in it no one seems to know
        The following content must be included according to DIN 13164:

• 1 x Adhesive tape DIN 13019-A 5 m x 2,50 cm
        • 4 x Adhesive bandages DIN 13019-E 10 cm x 6 cm
        • 2 x Fingertip plaster
        • 2 x Finger plaster 12 cm x 2 cm
        • 2 x Plaster strips 1,9 cm x 7,2 cm
        • 4 x Plaster strips 2,5 cm x 7,2 cm
        • 1 x Compressive bandage DIN 13151 K
        • 2 x Compressive bandage DIN 13151 M
        • 1 x Compressive bandage DIN 13151 G
        • 1 x Dressing-Pad DIN 13152 BR 40 cm x 60 cm
        • 1 x Dressing-Pad DIN 13152 A 60 cm x 80 cm
        • 2 x Fixative bandage DIN 61634 FB 6 6 cm
        • 3 x Fixative bandage DIN 61634-FB 8 8 cm
        • 1 x Rescue blanket 160 cm x 210 cm, silver/gold
        • 6 x Wound compresses 10 cm x 10 cm
        • 2 x Triangular bandage DIN 13168-D
        • 1 x Scissors DIN 58279-A 145
        • 4 x Disposable gloves according to DIN EN 455
        • 2 x Cleansing wipes for cleaning intact skin
        • 1 x First aid instruction booklet
        • 1 x List of Contents

Comment

Ah, but does the contents of the First Aid kit need to be in date? My Mercedes 190 original first aid kit is 1992.
          Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself.

Comment

gasgas let the moths out of your wallet and buy new contents for your first aid kit Or do the bandages have Mercedes logos?
            Jon

Comment

Now the subject has come up, if it is French law that you have to have all this stuff, how is it that a new French car / motorhome doesn't have them? Surely as soon as you drive your shiny new vehicle off the dealer's premises you are being illegal?
              Huh?

My moths are quite happy where they are thank you. I wouldn't want to be un-ecologically friendly by disturbing their hibernation.
              Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself.

Comment

I decided to call the insurance company (Highway) instead of AIB to ask them what they were doing about green cards. They said that I can request a green card which WILL last until the lifetime of the policy. They are calling AIB to advise them.

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X