Nationwide FlexPlus changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide FlexPlus changes

I'm just back from a month long trip and I'm sure when I was away I picked up an email from Nationwide that they are ceasing the payment of interest from November? If this is the case then I am considering closing my account as I only had it for the breakdown cover and travel insurance which was a great deal if I kept around £2k in the account.

With the change the annual cost of the account will be£156 and when I reach 70 at the beginning of March I will be asked to pay an additional £65 for my travel insurance.

Withthis in mind can anybody direct me to a breakdown cover which will cover me in either my van or my car where the van is 17 years old? Also, what do others of my age do about travel insurance?

Thanks everybody

Chris
    Last edited by Empyrean; 23-09-2019, 11:54. Reason: Typo

They are also ending the interest free overdraft facility! Very annoying!
    They sitll havent sent me a cheque book...thinking about leaving.

Comment

If you are a member of the C&CC then you can get insurance with them over the age of 80 (providing you are a member.)

They apparently do not insure drivers of that age unless they already belong. iT's one of the reasons we stick with them because John is 79 this year)

We use one of the comparison websites for travel insurance. Again, age is a big factor - more so than the cancer John had previously been treated for.

Comment

I belong to the C & CC I tried to get insurance and they didn't want to know I'm 88 & the wife 8o I finished up with the same one as last year nearly £400 & restricted to 3000miles that's for a Roma Home Dimension. It's the same with the car it's not due until Dec but that's a 3000 mile restriction not that it bothers much but you do have to keep a good check of your mileage.
        Pete

Comment

@peteradams perhaps it's because we were already with them so when the magic age was reached the insurance was just a continuance

Comment