Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nu Venture surf

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nu-venture...sAAOSwEzxYUZrN
    This has been on ebay for a while. A good price, but that's because of this V aspect, which I believe is accident damage.
    I was initially tempted.

Pam

V aspect

I do not know but does the advert not mean it is a cheap price because the number plate starts with V old system, so it is early 1998?
    Why do you think accident damage?

Comment

The vans 1998 S reg.

I think V reg means its been a Cat C or D write off at some point, and been repaired.

The MOT history has advisories for corrosion on Wheel arches and bulkhead, but it is nearly 20yrs old.

Could still be a good starter van for someone.

Julie

Comment

"Vehicles are listed on VCAR specifically when they were damaged badly enough for the insurer to classify them as a write-off. A vehicle that is on the VCAR list likely suffered serious damage from an accident at some point in its life. Some cars on the V-car register can legally be returned to the road and may have been repaired to a safe condition, but their presence on the list means further diligence about their condition is prudent."

Nowadays, insurers seem to write off vehicles at the drop of a hat. It would be prudent to try and find out what exactly the damage was that it suffered, but it may not necessarily be anything to worry about if it has been properly repaired, and it is priced accordingly.

Comment

V aspect

I am glad I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
            "Vehicles are listed on VCAR specifically when they were damaged badly enough for the insurer to classify them as a write-off. A vehicle that is on the VCAR list likely suffered serious damage from an accident at some point in its life. Some cars on the V-car register can legally be returned to the road and may have been repaired to a safe condition, but their presence on the list means further diligence about their condition is prudent."

Nowadays, insurers seem to write off vehicles at the drop of a hat. It would be prudent to try and find out what exactly the damage was that it suffered, but it may not necessarily be anything to worry about if it has been properly repaired, and it is priced accordingly.
            Well I live & learn. Thank you Caz I didn't know that.
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by pamsicle View Post
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nu-venture...sAAOSwEzxYUZrN
              This has been on ebay for a while. A good price, but that's because of this V aspect, which I believe is accident damage.
              I was initially tempted.

Pam
              Well, I have read every word in the advert and can see no reference to a VCAR specification! Please can you tell me how you know about it, for future reference?
              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue View Post
                Well, I have read every word in the advert and can see no reference to a VCAR specification! Please can you tell me how you know about it, for future reference?
                It says "sadly on v car hence the price" in the listing.

Could still be a good buy though if it is reflected in the price.

Could be stolen/recovered. Even if crashed, being non standard construction might encourage a write off for even relatively minor, and perfectly repairable damage.

Some insurers might be reluctant to cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Dapple View Post
                  It says "sadly on v car hence the price" in the listing.

Could still be a good buy though if it is reflected in the price.

Could be stolen/recovered. Even if crashed, being non standard construction might encourage a write off for even relatively minor, and perfectly repairable damage.

Some insurers might be reluctant to cover.
                  Thank you. I guess the lack of punctuation in the description next to the photos, caused me to skim read that section, missing the vital words! A lesson learned, should i ever wish to buy a vehicle this way.

A shame as the vehicle looks beautiful. But my late father once advised me NEVER to buy a car that had been involved in an accident as it could have weaknesses that might be very difficult to spot until they became actual dangers.
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

It's very difficult to tell if a vehicle has been in an accident unless it wasn't properly mended. My little car which I am just selling to my daughter has been rear ended/sideswiped a few times but has always been repaired properly so I have no worries about it having any weaknesses.

On the other hand, she recently wrote her own car off and having seen the damage to it I certainly wouldn't buy it if I saw it again! She was very lucky that she didn't write herself off at the same time.

Comment

98 plate and 120k miles? Looks a bit expensive to me!

Comment

according to the guy selling it it was just a front wing

kyran

Comment