Nu Venture Rio rear door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nu Venture Rio rear door

hi I have just bought a Nu Venture Rio RD and was wondering if anyone one could tell me if I can get an awning for it?

Hello and Welcome The short answer is yes! the problem is getting 1 that fits. We've bought a 2nd hand drive away awning but haven't tried it out yet

Comment

FOLLOWING!!! We to are hoping to pick up our, new to us, Nu Rio in the next week or so and an awning is something we have discussed. Although the majority of our travels will be short breaks because that horrible thing called work get in the way, we will probably want one for our main holiday in the early summer. I have looked around a bit on the tinternet for reviews but they only serve to muddy the waters even more. I would be more interested to know what people on here use and their experiences.

Comment

I have a feeling that the Outdoor Revolution XL will fit, as it has a large tunnel/driveaway section, so plenty of room for manoeuvreing. But do look at the height and width, etc., don't take my word for it!

Comment

We have the Outdoor Revolution HANDI which doesn't have the tunnel.

We chose not to have a drive away to avoid the faff of positioning the van each time and also the tent it light enough to move to a better position should the need arise.

You can get them brand new on Ebay for around £89 but we ended up paying a bit extra because the other half originally didn't see the need for anything but came along to the camping shop under sufferance and decided there and then that the Handi would be just that (men eh!)

It is sooooo easy to put up and has withstood high winds. ~The only downside is the lack of "proper" poles to hang anything on but I am in the process of sorting out a gadget to provide coat hanging space and somewhere for the towels.

If the idea works and doesn't look too horrendous I'll post pictures

Comment

Ok our 2nd hand drive away doesn't fit! It's useable and huge! It's bigger than the van!
            So we're now on the lookout for a small drive away that will actually attach to the back of the van.
            It needs to be at least 2.5M tall

Comment

on further investigation you need rails fitted to the van for the revolution!
              We're now looking at an Outwell Milestone Pro Tall, which appears to fit.
              Anyone got 1?

Comment

Thank you for the update. Currently we are using a small storage tent put up to the side of our Nu Rio as we still have not managed to find an awning that we are confident will fit over the rear of the van as the tunnel needs to be a minimum of 2.4mtrs to the ground. The storage tent works for us and its big enough to sit and have breakfast in if needed but
                certainly takes all our stuff if we want to drive off somewhere. Takes 10 minutes to put up.

20180629_204522.jpg

Comment

We used a pop up Gazebo last weekend, I thought it worked fine. We'd like 1 that actually connects though! We're still researching the outwell.
                  It's a lot of money to risk!

Comment

Originally posted by TheOldHobbit View Post
                    Thank you for the update. Currently we are using a small storage tent put up to the side of our Nu Rio as we still have not managed to find an awning that we are confident will fit over the rear of the van as the tunnel needs to be a minimum of 2.4mtrs to the ground. The storage tent works for us and its big enough to sit and have breakfast in if needed but
                    certainly takes all our stuff if we want to drive off somewhere. Takes 10 minutes to put up.

20180629_204522.jpg
                    Take a look at the OlPro Cubo Breeze - fits campers 190 to 245cm high (I can tell you it fits our demountable which is as high as your NuVenture Rio)

https://www.olproshop.com/products/b...mpervan-awning

BTW you get a discount from OlPro for being a member of this Forum
                    Jon
                    Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori
                    https://smallromahome2oldies1largedo...logspot.co.uk/

Comment

We have bitten the bullet and ordered a brand new Outwell Milestone Pro tall, I don't plan on trying it till we go on our Germany trip, I'll update this after that.
                      It will be early October

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X