Nu venture...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nu venture...

I am wanting to purchase a nu venture rio, rio micro or surf as they are a good small size for myself and my dog. Just wanted to say hi and does anyone have experience of these vans and where to go to see one. I live in north yorkshire.
    thanks

Hi there, it's great to have you on the forum, we have quite a few folk on here who have Nu Venture's so you won't be alone.

We actually have a Nu Venture being advertised on our website which is being sold by forum member hobo, You can see the advert here

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/2001...rf-diesel.html
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello and Welcome We have a Nu-Venture Rio (07 Fiat Scudo) We're liking it so far

Comment

Hello and welcome. I have a Nu Venture Surf which I am very pleased with. I had a Romahome Duo which I was happy with at first but the Nu venture has a loo and cupboard doors which means the van always look tidy. Well mostly. The Romahome duo just had pelmets and an open luton so I had to be more careful when packing. As far as more technical aspects perhaps others can give you more advice. Oh I forgot to mention, the Nu venture also has blown air heating which the Romahome did not. The price was good too as although the Nu venture was a year newer, it cost me £3,000 less than the Romahome. I think the Romahomes have a good reputation, hold their price well and are made in one piece. However, I am very happy with the surf. Good luck with your search. I live down south so bit far to come and see.

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Comment

The Nu Venture's, I like that We too are brand new to the SMH style of camping and we got a Nu Rio rear door (2010) model and although we have only had one trip away so far, we thought it was fantastic. As ex caravanners we were worried about our decision to move over and had some nail biting second thoughts, but our fears came to nothing and we thoroughly enjoyed our time away. We did have one slight mishap in terms of breaking down, but that can happen to anyone and our supplier (P&P Campers) were absolutely fantastic. Good luck in your search and providing you get a good one, you will love it.

Comment

Hello Reenag06 and welcome to the site.

I hope you find your dream van and join us all in our travels

Comment

Hi to you!

Comment

Hi, thanks for all your nice and informative comments. There are a few nu venture vans for sale but all down south. However i have been in touch with the nu venture factory in the north west and they can build me a new one (well base ehicle is used but they build new van) and price is nearly same as used van so will go for it.
                  will let you know when i get it. Once again thanks and perhaps we will meet up.

Comment

hi welcome we also have a nu-venture surf the mpg is very good although a mile or two less than the romahomes the hdi version will do 50 mpg all day out 1,9 standard will do an average 45 even on hilly terrain good luck in your search

kyran

Comment

Originally posted by Reenag06 View Post
                      Hi, thanks for all your nice and informative comments. There are a few nu venture vans for sale but all down south. However i have been in touch with the nu venture factory in the north west and they can build me a new one (well base ehicle is used but they build new van) and price is nearly same as used van so will go for it.
                      will let you know when i get it. Once again thanks and perhaps we will meet up.
                      Hello and welcome. Look forward to seeing your progress.Good luck!

Comment

Ooh you will love a new build on a used van. It works like this: a van is built to do 300,000 miles. One with 30k or 50k miles on it costs less than half the price of a new van, and drives just the same. So when you get it, you will have to remind yourself about every three months that it isn't actually a new camper. That's a nice feeling.
                        Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding. Proverbs 3

Comment

Gosh, well I came on here to say Hello, and found a Nu Venture thread! My husband and I have JUST bought our very first motorhome: a 2007 Nu Venture Surf. I drove it back to the Isle of Skye from Todds near Preston yesterday and had a very good drive. No bother going at 70 mph on the motorways, and did a fair amount of overtaking, which I didn't expect. I'm looking forward to exploring the van and reading through all the handbooks etc.! I'll come on here and ask all my stupid questions if you don't mind!

Comment

Originally posted by gterr View Post
                            Gosh, well I came on here to say Hello, and found a Nu Venture thread! My husband and I have JUST bought our very first motorhome: a 2007 Nu Venture Surf. I drove it back to the Isle of Skye from Todds near Preston yesterday and had a very good drive. No bother going at 70 mph on the motorways, and did a fair amount of overtaking, which I didn't expect. I'm looking forward to exploring the van and reading through all the handbooks etc.! I'll come on here and ask all my stupid questions if you don't mind!
                            Ask any questions you like there are no stupid ones because we’ve all been novices at one point. There is normally someone who has come across whatever you ask about.
                            Graham
                            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

1i have ordered my nu venture surf on a citreon berlingo used van from the nu venture factory and is cheaper than buying a complete used van so am excited. Does añyone have a solar panel on their van as i am thinking about it as i can get extras put on whilst being fitted.

Comment