Basics please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basics please

Still waiting to collect my nu venture surf....should be ready end of this month. Is there a basic list of what i will need to get on the road and any suggestions about duvets? Thanks

A lot of people use Duvalays which are a combination of Duvet and memory foam and are very comfortable but they are expensive and quite bulky, if your seats/bed in the Nu Venture is comfortablethen you might only need sheets and a regular duvet or a sleeping bag.

My advice would be to “camp” on your drive when you first get the van, sleep in it, cook in it etc., you’ll soon find out what you need and you can nip back in the house to get it while making a note to get one for the van.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Another thing to do is to measure all the cupboards and go to Ikea. There you will be able to get boxes that fit cupboards and you may find that putting things in boxes that exactly fit a cupboard is a better way to store stuff.
      You will probably want a mains electric hook up cable and a water hose to fill the tank - I don't know the Surf, but here I am assuming it has a fresh water tank. You will need a bottle of propane gas of course, if the dealer doesn't supply one as standard.
      Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself.

Comment

Good advice from graham . if you stop at home for a night then you can adjust what you need . Is it you.ie 1 knife 1 fork 1 spoon two dog bowels.. when it was me ..! them I joined Pat when we became mr and mrs.now this list is so large oops now I'm in trouble Pats looking over my shoulder . when pat was in her Nusurf it was single bed mattress toper and duvet. now we awaits our new caravan and it will be king double topper and duvet. Room for two dogs my retired police spaniel and pats patterdale terrier.WE will be no Ehu with Gas blown air heat ,hot water shower . large battery and solar panel. if we are going to a site where we need EHU then we will put in EHU lead electric kettle .etc. Pans and cooking are individual choice The only thing I would say is Keep the Weight Down ie light pans don't carry water fill up when on site . plenty of friends on smh to offer advice .or PM (private message)some one .. its exciting waiting regard Pat and Dave
        BuzznDave

Comment

I bought quite a lot of things for the van while I was waiting for it, and found I didn't need some of ghem, and took them out agai n. As Dave says, watch the weight. As long as you have the means to cook,eat eff you will be fine on your first trip. Then you will find out which items you miss. I use a normal duvet and a mattress topper from Dunelm. Much cheaper than a Duvalay. You may not need a topper, but after my first few trips I succumbed. My rock and roll bed is VERY firm, a bit like sleeping on a brick. It was part of a new conversion, and made to last I think. It has softened marginally in the 4 years I have had the van, but not enough to make me leave the topper behind. Mine is memory foam, and a bit bulky, but some people use the eggbox foam toppers and leave them on the seat during the day. Exciting times for you.
          Claire

Comment

I bought a single topper for my C15 from Poundstretcher which is a little too wide. In hindsight I should have bought a double and cut it in half (we never make the bed up as a double)... It depends on how you expect to sleep and how many, I would certainly wait if i was in your position and then make a decision after you have used it for a few nights.
            Too old to know everything!

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X