Working on my 2001 Nu Venture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevin1841 View Post
    A Marcus! I've not seen one for a long time...
    I see one every day ! And it’s a Marcos not Marcus. It’s getting to be a bit of a pain as I’m constantly asked about the car. Last night a complete stranger knocked my door to ask if it was for sale. No respect for lockdown eh, or my safety come to that !

Comment

Jem Marsh and Frank Costin - I should have remembered that!

Comment

Grids laid out ready, just need the gravel.
        CCBE8AEE-7F30-4826-AFC3-9D361C2E6A26.jpeg
        and voila,
        B704603C-F6A5-4883-B274-0C3CF0418AEA.jpeg
        2 tons of gravel later and yes there’s still a ton left. Trouble is I can’t get the van on the drive with that bag in the way. Bugger

Comment

Could you get away with spreading the other ton over the 2 tons? The layer would hide the grid, but at least your wheels wouldn't sink into it because the grid is there. My neighbour has dug out his driveway and filled it with chippings and as soon as he drove his motorhome on to it, the wheels sank and got stuck. He had to jack it up and put planks under the wheels to get it out. He then turned the camper the other way round, drove it on to the gravel and promptly got stuck again.
          All streams flow to the sea, yet the sea is never full. Ecclesiastes Ch 1

Comment

Well, I only bought 2 tons and used just 1.
            I did consider your suggestion but the other ton is for the other half of the drive currently occupied by a car and trailer.
            The plan is to move the car onto the newly completed part and continue with the grids further along.
            It’s quite a big job but what else is there to do ? And I’m in no real hurry
            This stuff only cost £100 for 2 tons delivered and will eventually be covered by some type of decorative gravel which costs around 3 times the price.
            I’ve got to use a wacker to knock it all down but think I may be able to find an alternative that’ll do the job
            If your neighbour wants the number for where I got the grids PM me. I think I paid around £8 per Sq Mt. Including delivery
            Last edited by Martinez; 13-05-2020, 07:42.

Comment

Tasha's your neighbour should have hired a whcker plate to compact the chippings.

We have 6" of 13mm limestone chippings on our drive and as long as you are gentle with the clutch you do not distur b the chippings

Comment

Well, you guessed it, I’m awaiting delivery of my third ton of gravel.
                How come 1 ton covers half the job then the second ton only seems to do half of that ?
                Suppose it’s like they say ‘90% of building work takes 90% of the time, the other 10% takes another 90%’

Comment

It’s done
                  933E31E6-EF5C-47DF-AE19-A4082F24C145.jpeg
                  this is the final section. But I’ve had to order another Ton of gravel to get a decent covering
                  56AF483D-E343-49B5-A91A-297EE0E79D2B.jpeg
                  I’m quite pleased with the look and colour of the gravel so I’ll not bother with the decorative stuff.
                  Good news is, I can now return to fitting out the van

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X