As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse

FAO MARTIN GERRISH

If Martin Gerrish is reading the forum can you check your email and reply to [email protected]

Thanks
Graham
See more
See less

Working on my 2001 Nu Venture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez As far as I am aware it is illegal for access from your property to be obstructed. Obstruction to your property is not illegal. The water company should put a cover over "the moat" to enable you to leave the property.
    Too old to know everything!

Comment

They’re just filling it in as I type. Ah, they’ve gone away again and the hole remains !

Comment

Well, they’re back and once again filling in the hole. I’ve been out a couple of times to look and decided it’s too bloody cold to work on the van. I’m staying in the warm

Comment

Went out to van yesterday and despite my efforts flushing out debris from under the scuttle panel, there was about 12mm of water in the footwell. I can also see evidence of a leak coming from under the dash. I removed the scuttle panel again and tried to see if there was any obvious problem, but can’t see anything. There is some debris on the inlet vent for the heater, but the windscreen wiper motor is in the way so I’ll have to remove it. Rain forecast later so I’ve left a bowl under the dash to try and catch any leak but looks like I’ll need to take the glove compartment out and try and find it by either pouring water in or when it’s raining.

Comment

could it be comming from the windscreen ,mines a citroen dispatch, and i had to put a bit of mastic around the windscreen

Comment

Originally posted by Chas1234 View Post
              could it be comming from the windscreen ,mines a citroen dispatch, and i had to put a bit of mastic around the windscreen
              I’ve thought the same. Rain forecast for next few days so maybe I’ll figure it out. Went out today and tipped water into area under scuttle panel, but no sign of a leak.

Comment

id definately check the windscreen i just removed front rubber rmatt to dry out,and hopefully it is the windscreen as its stayed dry since i put some mastic on,ive had a couple of vans with leaking windscreens

Comment

Well, at the risk of being totally wrong again, I think I’ve found the leak.
                  I removed the Glove compartment and went out in the rain. There’s evidence of water dripping down from the wiring loom for the Alarm system. These wires run through some of that ‘split conduit’ stuff. This also passes through the bulkhead into the area under the scuttle panel. I think that the water is getting into the split conduit and running inside the dash where it’s dripping down into the footwell.
                  I’ll have to keep my eye on it and try and find further evidence.

Comment

Our Romahome has a chip out of the windscreen, it but they didnthas been there 12 years but is out of the swept area of the wipers so is not an MOT fail. Autoglass tried to fill it but it was a failure as it was part of the curved area but they got enough resin in to seal it.

Relevence, well there is a history of replacement screens on Berlingos not sealing properly and allowing water to drip on the BSI unit, which is under the drivers side dash, and killing it. Citroen could have fixed the problem by putting a cover or deflector in place .

If your Nu Venture has had a replacement screen it may not have been sealed correctly and could be the source of your leak.

You may find that you need to cut the carpet in a strategic place and the remove the soggy part to dry, it takes forever. If you take the carpet and underlay out temporarily remove a bung from the floor so that the water can drain.

Peter

Comment

I’ve previously removed the carpet and dried it out Peter. It’s a right pain. So far no evidence of water ingress under the carpet, just formed a pool in the footwell.
                      These moulded carpets are waterproof. But if the water does get underneath and into the foam it’ll take weeks to dry out, even in summer !
                      Thanks for the info on the screen issues for the Bingo, I’ll look at adding some guttering sealant when I get a dry day

Comment

I’ve just been out and wrapped the conduit with insulation tape where it may be getting in. After last night’s torrential downpour there’s not much sign of more water getting in but I’ll have to wait for more rain.

Comment

Forewarned being forearmed, is there a good way to protect the BSI unit just in case?
                          Last edited by kevin1841; 23-01-2021, 18:04.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin1841 View Post
                            Forewarned being forearmed, is there a good way to protect the BSI unit just in case?
                            It doesn’t have one on the 2001 2.0hdi van. And I think it’s on the other side. But I do have the immobiliser/alarm tucked under the dash there which has stopped working ! Hopefully I can fix that. Not had much rain last couple of days so time will tell if I’ve found the only leak.
                            I did a search on the Berlingo Forum and windscreen leaks don’t get much of a mention, most of the issues with water leaking under the dash seem to be related to debris under the scuttle panel blocking the drain holes. Time will tell

Comment

Popped out early yesterday whilst snow still on van and no sign of leak. Went out this morning and snow melted with around 40mm of water in the bowl and evidence that water leaking along wiring loom. Bugger. Next trial is to tape up the windscreen seal and see if that stops it. Looking under the dash behind the glovebox I can see some form of cover over the bulkhead. I can only assume this is some form of insulation, but it prevents me seeing what’s going on behind it. If it does turn out to be the windscreen then it’s an easier fix than other potential problems. Just need to eliminate the options

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X