Clear All

Nice bike!

hobo What do you think of it?
    Too old to know everything!

Comment

Originally posted by JimBro View Post
      Nice bike!

Well, like the camper it turned out to be another project !
      along with the house ! And my life !

Comment

Nice bike!

JimBro always have a soft spot for indian
        Motorcycles looks a great bike thats a real
        Complement from a harley man

Comment

hobo You are not the only one... I thought you may like it and that is why I brought it to your attention.

Comment

It’s a Gilroy built 2003. Rare bike n even rarer in this country. First all Indian built bike after the old company went bust in the 50s. But after engine problems it also became their downfall and they went bust again in 2004 !
            now Indian is owned by Polaris and doing well, but they know nothing about the older models even though their first bike used my bikes frame and engine as a basis. Just wish I could find some way of towing it with the Camper !

Comment

10A7251C-2408-42A9-A58D-2E7A7ABE3552.jpeg Rain again for half the day so nothing done on van. Went down garage in afternoon and tried out the filler I bought for the side skirts. There’s a lot of hairline cracks, some of which were obviously there from previous damage. They’ll have to be ground out n filled or they be back. Some are obviously painted over so botch job by cowboy. I was pleased to see the stuff they flogged me at the body shop supplies is white. So that’ll cover up nice then. Also it says on the tin it can be used on plastic bumpers. Hopefully the final finish will be good then and flexible.
              New headlight arrived and as usual Royal Mail just dumped it by the bins ! I thought it was something her indoors had thrown out. Anyway I’m that impressed at price I’ve bought the other one. I think £45 for a pair new is good price. So the mot is getting closer now, bet it’ll be the bloody v5c that’ll scupper the whole thing and leave me in limbo !
              I was sea searching web for contact details of last owner. Found his name n address on Service Book. Couldn’t find him so did a street search on google for his address and found the above parked up !
              its definitely my van
              Last edited by Martinez; 17-05-2019, 20:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinez View Post
                It’s a Gilroy built 2003. Rare bike n even rarer in this country. First all Indian built bike after the old company went bust in the 50s. But after engine problems it also became their downfall and they went bust again in 2004 !
                now Indian is owned by Polaris and doing well, but they know nothing about the older models even though their first bike used my bikes frame and engine as a basis. Just wish I could find some way of towing it with the Camper !
                Martinez You may be interested in this https://www.indianmotorcycle.ch/

Comment

Martinez You may be interested in this https://www.indianmotorcycle.ch/
                  I’m already a member of the IIRA ! And I get free breakdown recovery..........anywhere in USA !

Comment

3037C886-54A7-404B-8500-F3A791BF818B.png Filling n sanding n filling n sanding n filling n sanding. Well that’s my weekend !
                    ive ordered some spring assisters for the rear. They’re the MAD 136100 type which are not as stiff as the 136120s but they were only £110 inc postage from Poland so saved £50 on buying in uk. And just in case there’s any confusion, I’m not a member of any paramilitary organisation, see above !
                    Had another word with dvla yesterday, you can ring them 20 times n get 20 different answers ! So latest news on my changes to v5 is I’ll have to wait 4 weeks and they will contact me if anything needs to be clarified. Well, my experience is they’ll just send me another v5 that’s the same as the old one. Also as I explained to them, my insurance is 50% more expensive for a van than for a Motorhome, so they advised I just pay the extra ! Great !
                    if I get chance I may get to look at new seats, anyone else fitted alternative seats in their van ?
                    Last edited by Martinez; 19-05-2019, 09:41.

Comment

Well, the skirts are about ready for paint now, not perfect but they never were ! Here’s some before n after pics
                      thats another one off the list then 7598F7C4-E4E9-4A91-B5A3-A07CAF136C78.jpegCC522682-196B-4B34-B403-350683CCA252.jpeg33A3C888-F7C9-4C3C-9AA4-D6BFCCEE67DF.jpeg

Comment

well they look fantastic good job

kyran

Comment

So now we come to paint. I was watching car programme the other day and they used a paint you can put on with a roller. So tracked it down and it’s this stuff https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rust-Oleu...-/391856347656
                          no primer required and it’s self levelling so brush n roller marks disappear.
                          Ill give it a try n let you all know about colour match n useability.
                          Today I will be mostly fitting new headlights and fixing the hole inside the wheel arch
                          Last edited by Martinez; 23-05-2019, 08:46.

Comment

Thought I’d catch up on my list of things to do today, when postie turns up with parcel from Poland. Well, nice day so I’ll have a go at fitting the MAD suspension kit. First thing I thought was ‘is that everything ?’ As the box is pretty small. On opening it I realised that yes it is small but nice bit of kit with strong brackets n well made bump stops. Now I’d already taken the offside brake pipe bracket off when I fitted the new compensator spring, but after squirting wd40 on the near side bolt, yes you guessed, it snapped like a carrot ! And just to make my life complete, it’s not a bolt, it’s welded into the bracket that holds the brake pipe to the suspension arm ! Bugger !
                            best way forward was to cut the broken stud off flush with the bracket, then clamp the bracket back in place and drill through using the hole in the arm as a guide. So that job out the way and an 8mm bolt at the ready I proceeded to fit the top spring retainer with the 8mm bolts provided.
                            Well it’s a good job I spent hours last week with a blow torch getting the old bolts out, so I ran a tap through to clean out the threads as it recommends locktiting the bolts in. That all went well too. Fitting the lower plates was easy then just to fit the springs.
                            I read somewhere on this forum about a garage that took 90 minutes to fit this kit, well a good job done well then, cos it took me 3 hours !
                            i also read that you needed to use spring compressors to get the springs in, and that’s true, but I couldn’t get the bloody springs in with the compressors on ! So had another cup of tea and decided to clamp them up and wire them. That way I could remove the compressors and just cut the wire after fitting the springs. Slackened off the compressors and the 2 wires I’d wrapped round and twisted the ends together slipped round to the one side leaving me with a spring compressed on one side and bent into an arc !
                            Turns out that this is the best way ti fit the though. They’re not straight when fitted so the arc shape is ideal and the first one just dropped in and I cut the wire. With the other side I just compressed the spring on one side to create an arc again and all went well. So jacked up the arms and bolted the shocks back on and jobs a goodun.
                            i also managed to give all of the rear end a coat of under seal and re fitted the exhaust silencer. Just need a clamp to fix it to the pipe and that’ll be another one off the list. At last I seem to be moving forwards now and having checked lights n washers n wipers the list is getting smaller.
                            Lone thing about the kit from MAD that confused me, the instructions to reset the compensator doesn’t look anything like a Berlingo, and it mentions fitting a bracket which isn’t with the kit nor does it explain where it comes from ! Nice picture of it though !

Comment

Continuing with the theme of crossing items off my list, I refitted the back box which seems ok, so moved onto the headlights. All went pretty well until I put the grille back on. Seems I’ve now got another item back on the list. Don’t know what’s going on here but the new ones are narrower !
                              225388F8-467A-40EB-B3DC-9E55502A1350.jpeg56999865-664A-4C77-9F06-DD7E6BACCC89.jpeg springs are ok

Comment

I’m reliably informed that very early Peugeot Partners had these headlights, but not Berlingo!

Comment