No announcement yet.

Working on my 2001 Nu Venture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read my comments above about how to deal with the DVLA. Complete the change on the V5C, write apolite letter telling them that you are resubmitting it because they failed to make the changes, send the V5C with the letter and the photos by signed for post and keep a copy. Using the tracking information on the slip you get from the post office check when it arrives. Slow 7 working days for it to come back then start ringing DVLA. Their first answer will. Be that they haven't received it. Tell them it was signed for and give the details. They will miraculously find it.

Hope you have better luck next time.

Is the fill bent or torn? If just bent it should not be a problem. Ther rear jacking points are pants, one of mine has been bent for years as a result of tyre fitters. At home I use a trolley jack, on the saddle I have a rubber pad with a groove cut in it, it helps a bit.

Good luck
    Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
      Read my comments above about how to deal with the DVLA. Complete the change on the V5C, write apolite letter telling them that you are resubmitting it because they failed to make the changes, send the V5C with the letter and the photos by signed for post and keep a copy. Using the tracking information on the slip you get from the post office check when it arrives. Slow 7 working days for it to come back then start ringing DVLA. Their first answer will. Be that they haven't received it. Tell them it was signed for and give the details. They will miraculously find it.

Hope you have better luck next time.

Good luck
      Peter
      This is what I do as they are the worst gov agancy for loosing your documents .
      Be Free, Be Safe, Be Happy and most of all Enjoy Yourself

Comment

f you read the instructions - for conversions they say a photo showing part of the interior and the reg plate - I have always left the back door open. Maybe different when it is a convertion company's oversight.
        I hope you get on OK with the MoT - not long before you'll be on the road!
        Jon[/QUOTE]

The online instructions specify 6 photos as proof. The specifications for Motorcaravan include, front n rear views with number plates, bed, storage cupboard, table and seat and all need to be permanently fitted ! There are also other questions like is there a water tank ? They also say you must wait 4 weeks before ringing them !
        They do give you a specimen letter to send, but doesn’t make much difference if they keep losing everything does it ?
        Last edited by Martinez; 08-06-2019, 08:25.

Comment

The last time I sent a change in was spring 2016 - an LDV conversion and before that 2014 a Renault Trafic conversion. Both times iI did as peterholden said and sent it recorded delivery. However I have to say on both occasions the process went smoothly.
          Before that you had to physically produce the van at the Local Vehicle Licencing Office - which was a bit arbitrary because a man (it always seemed to be a man) with a clipboard would come down to the car park and adjudicate whether or not to change the registration. If he was in a bad mood it would be a nit-picking session, if in a good mood a chat a cigarette and all signed off - one kit car he was in a bad mood and did not want to rereg because there was a section of the original vehicle's floor.
          Overall I have to say the old system was preferable despite being time consuming.
          on

Comment

Unfortunately it’s whatever is cheapest these days. I had 2 blokes turn up at my door back in the 70s wanting to inspect my mini van which I’d put an 1100cc engine into. Put a V6 in my Marcos a few years back and V5 sent back with change n no questions asked, but it’s gone down hill since then

Comment

Originally posted by Martinez View Post

Ok thanks, any idea how the spare fits under there ? In a cradle ?
              As for the towbar, I’ve seen more than one of these advertised with one fitted so somebody must know something different ?
              Looking at the distance from the back wheels to where a hitch would be mounted makes me think it may not be that stable, but possible to fit a damper. I want to tow my motorbike cos it’s too big to fit in the van and even if it could my better half will complain about the smell
              First, you have to get your motorbike out of the lounge before you can put it on a trailer.
              Then the next thing to do is get a different motorhome with a tow bar or one which you can fit a tow bar on to.
              Failing that you just have to go away on the motorbike and leave the camper at home. And the Mrs, if she is like mine and refuses to get on the back.
              good luck.
              If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. Mark ch3 v24

Comment

Originally posted by Teloupee View Post

This is what I do as they are the worst gov agancy for loosing your documents .
                Not only do they lose your docments.
                I bought a scooter in Holland when I worked there. I brought it back to the UK and got an MOT, insurance and the documents to register it here. I sent them off to the DVLA with the correct cheque and forms for the registration and road tax. They sent all the documents back to me, minus the cheque with a letter saying I hadn't paid. I got my bank statement which proved they had had the cheque and banked it. I sent them the bank statement to prove I had paid. They wrote back to me saying the bank statement showing they had banked the cheque, for the right amount, on the right date, wasn't proof that I had paid. Pay up they said. I wrote back and said that I have done everything correctly and as they cannot do their job, I will just ride the scooter round with the Dutch registration plate, I will speed wherever I like, I will park it on yellow lines and because you can't be bothered to do your job, you will never catch me. I subsequently screwed up several parking tickets and left them in the gutter where they were dispensed. I didn't speed though, it was only a small scooter and hardly capable of going over 30mph.
                If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. Mark ch3 v24

Comment

Well all of this isn’t my current concern, I’ve got to go back out there and crawl under the van again. Another day of burns n dust. Ho hum

Comment

Didn’t get much done, hail storm put paid to my efforts. But the hole isn’t too bad behind the sill and looks like good metal around it. Most of it is caused by the collapse of the jacking point which split the lower part of the sill open. Both sills have been patched a couple of years back, but they should really have replaced them and dealt with the rot inside. Seen this happen before lots, anyway I’ll patch it for this year then next year I’ll replace both sills.
                    Not looked at brakes yet, that’ll be fun

Comment

Rain rain rain rain rain .....bugger !

Comment

Rain rain rain rain phone call !
                        whilst perusing the delights on offer in Home Bargains, I get a call from Paul at dvla.
                        He tells me ‘very sorry but it seems my letter became detached from my application, so if I send him the photos required by email, he’ll get the registration changed ASAP. ‘
                        Good eh ?
                        anyway, where was I ? Ah yes, Rain rain rain rain rain etc

Comment

Good news indeed.

Don't forget to mark everything for the attention of Paul if you know his surname.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
                            Good news indeed.

Don't forget to mark everything for the attention of Paul if you know his surname.

Peter
                            Well, I sent them to his email address so he can’t lose it, can he ?

Comment

At least that way you have proof that you sent it. They aren't quick to reply to emails and he still might want the originals by post. Just keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck

Peter

Comment

And the sun came out tonight for 10 minutes too !

Comment