Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez
    replied
    I’ve been sidetracked recently trying to fit new guttering on the house. It’s not been easy so far needing scaffolding and planks n ladders n stuff, anyway, due to the weather being a little less than dry n warm lately I’ve managed to get the seat bases finished and the seats are now in.
    18FC8865-BBF3-40A4-8E2F-4C290DF08449.jpeg
    much more comfy and a nicer place to be when driving eh ?😊
    Just need to get the rest finished and try and get away somewhere, after the crowds have dispersed of course.
    oh, if anyone wants to do this conversion I can provide plenty of guidance. If you look closely, you’ll notice I’ve managed to keep the original seatbelt clasps. These have pre tensioners fitted and will need to be used for safety reasons. In fact they just bolt right onto the new seats. Take care when handling these as they have explosive devices fitted !!! You have been warned !
    In their new position they’re easier to reach too.. double win eh
    The drivers seat is also height adjustable, useful for those of you of the short arsed disposition
    Last edited by Martinez; 05-08-2020, 18:02.

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    Well, my fridge was fitted up front behind passenger seat. Seems strange I know, but van was custom built for one person. So bed on right as you enter from rear, and table and seat on left. Fridge was other side of table. Because of this it was easy to remove the enclosure it was in and the fridge. If I remember right, there’s some hidden fasteners behind the grill, and then you need to fiddle about to disconnect gas pipe. Other than that there are screws inside fridge either side. Sorry can’t be of more help but it’s been a while

Leave a comment:

• kevin1841
    replied
    Originally posted by Martinez View Post

Took fridge out n plugged into mains in house, seems to work ok.
    Did you have any trouble getting it out? I can withdraw ours about 6 inches then it seems to snag something...

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    Well, it’s been a while. Been enjoying rides out on my Classic Japanese Motorcycle when weather been good and not done anything on the van for a while. So that’s 6 months road tax wasted then ! I also inadvertently left my welding gas bottle turned on and lost all the gas, bugger eh, so I’ve been and got a refill to finish the seat bases. I had to renew the insurance and informed them of the change of seats to newer ones but they didn’t say much or charge anything extra. I’ve got to finish the guttering on the house when it stops raining, then spend some time finishing the van. Well, that’s the plan anyway.
    just got home from shopping to find a Rio parked in the road 2 doors down, it’s definitely bigger than a Surf

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    It’s done
    933E31E6-EF5C-47DF-AE19-A4082F24C145.jpeg
    this is the final section. But I’ve had to order another Ton of gravel to get a decent covering
    56AF483D-E343-49B5-A91A-297EE0E79D2B.jpeg
    I’m quite pleased with the look and colour of the gravel so I’ll not bother with the decorative stuff.
    Good news is, I can now return to fitting out the van

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    Well, you guessed it, I’m awaiting delivery of my third ton of gravel.
    How come 1 ton covers half the job then the second ton only seems to do half of that ?
    Suppose it’s like they say ‘90% of building work takes 90% of the time, the other 10% takes another 90%’

Leave a comment:

• peterholden
    replied
    Tasha's your neighbour should have hired a whcker plate to compact the chippings.

We have 6" of 13mm limestone chippings on our drive and as long as you are gentle with the clutch you do not distur b the chippings

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    Well, I only bought 2 tons and used just 1.
    I did consider your suggestion but the other ton is for the other half of the drive currently occupied by a car and trailer.
    The plan is to move the car onto the newly completed part and continue with the grids further along.
    It’s quite a big job but what else is there to do ? And I’m in no real hurry
    This stuff only cost £100 for 2 tons delivered and will eventually be covered by some type of decorative gravel which costs around 3 times the price.
    I’ve got to use a wacker to knock it all down but think I may be able to find an alternative that’ll do the job
    If your neighbour wants the number for where I got the grids PM me. I think I paid around £8 per Sq Mt. Including delivery
    Last edited by Martinez; 13-05-2020, 07:42.

Leave a comment:

• gasgas
    replied
    Could you get away with spreading the other ton over the 2 tons? The layer would hide the grid, but at least your wheels wouldn't sink into it because the grid is there. My neighbour has dug out his driveway and filled it with chippings and as soon as he drove his motorhome on to it, the wheels sank and got stuck. He had to jack it up and put planks under the wheels to get it out. He then turned the camper the other way round, drove it on to the gravel and promptly got stuck again.

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    Grids laid out ready, just need the gravel.
    CCBE8AEE-7F30-4826-AFC3-9D361C2E6A26.jpeg
    and voila,
    B704603C-F6A5-4883-B274-0C3CF0418AEA.jpeg
    2 tons of gravel later and yes there’s still a ton left. Trouble is I can’t get the van on the drive with that bag in the way. Bugger

Leave a comment:

• kevin1841
    replied
    Jem Marsh and Frank Costin - I should have remembered that!

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    Originally posted by kevin1841 View Post
    A Marcus! I've not seen one for a long time...
    I see one every day ! And it’s a Marcos not Marcus. It’s getting to be a bit of a pain as I’m constantly asked about the car. Last night a complete stranger knocked my door to ask if it was for sale. No respect for lockdown eh, or my safety come to that !

Leave a comment:

• kevin1841
    replied
    A Marcus! I've not seen one for a long time...

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    Well, whilst you’ve all been self isolating I’ve been working on my driveway. I’ve completed half of it ready for delivery of gravel but need to move my car and trailer to get to the other half. What’s all this got to do with Motorhomes ? I hear you say. Well, I’ve had to do all of this to make room to park mine. Last year I just dug up some of the lawn, but it needed a proper job doing so here it is
    5FF34C12-8AE9-4B15-B83B-DEA852162F90.jpeg
    0A78DEE8-83B4-4108-AD0D-A507A8E112CB.jpeg
    ive had to remove old tarmac and build small retaining wall to meet level of the lawn. All of those bags are sorted spoil from the job all sieved by my better half, and bagged up separately. Most will have to go to the tip (when it opens again) but the fine gravel is useful to level the surface prior to installing the Gravel Grids and Weed Barrier. Just need to get the gravel now, then move the red car to complete the rest of the drive. It’s an odd shape, but that’s because there’s a bloody great tree outside my house.

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    I prefer Jeyes Fluid myself

Leave a comment:

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X