Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez
    replied
    Well, at the risk of being totally wrong again, I think I’ve found the leak.
    I removed the Glove compartment and went out in the rain. There’s evidence of water dripping down from the wiring loom for the Alarm system. These wires run through some of that ‘split conduit’ stuff. This also passes through the bulkhead into the area under the scuttle panel. I think that the water is getting into the split conduit and running inside the dash where it’s dripping down into the footwell.
    I’ll have to keep my eye on it and try and find further evidence.

Leave a comment:

• Chas1234
    replied
    id definately check the windscreen i just removed front rubber rmatt to dry out,and hopefully it is the windscreen as its stayed dry since i put some mastic on,ive had a couple of vans with leaking windscreens

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    Originally posted by Chas1234 View Post
    could it be comming from the windscreen ,mines a citroen dispatch, and i had to put a bit of mastic around the windscreen
    I’ve thought the same. Rain forecast for next few days so maybe I’ll figure it out. Went out today and tipped water into area under scuttle panel, but no sign of a leak.

Leave a comment:

• Chas1234
    replied
    could it be comming from the windscreen ,mines a citroen dispatch, and i had to put a bit of mastic around the windscreen

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    Went out to van yesterday and despite my efforts flushing out debris from under the scuttle panel, there was about 12mm of water in the footwell. I can also see evidence of a leak coming from under the dash. I removed the scuttle panel again and tried to see if there was any obvious problem, but can’t see anything. There is some debris on the inlet vent for the heater, but the windscreen wiper motor is in the way so I’ll have to remove it. Rain forecast later so I’ve left a bowl under the dash to try and catch any leak but looks like I’ll need to take the glove compartment out and try and find it by either pouring water in or when it’s raining.

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    Well, they’re back and once again filling in the hole. I’ve been out a couple of times to look and decided it’s too bloody cold to work on the van. I’m staying in the warm

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    They’re just filling it in as I type. Ah, they’ve gone away again and the hole remains !

Leave a comment:

• JimBro
    replied
    Martinez As far as I am aware it is illegal for access from your property to be obstructed. Obstruction to your property is not illegal. The water company should put a cover over "the moat" to enable you to leave the property.

Leave a comment:

• Chas1234
    replied
    is your moat deep enougth for a kayak,if it is well jealouse

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    It is a bit nippy, but most of what I’m doing is interior. Can’t get the bloody thing off the drive anyway until they’ve filled the Moat in

Leave a comment:

• Chas1234
    replied
    its just so cold out there,look forward to reading more posts if you are continuing with your repairs, i just cant wait till i can use my motorhome so i can see family who live a fair distance away

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    Well, it’s lockdown again, and not a moment too soon. Having spent the day plastering at the other house I’ll be glad of the break and spend time on the van.
    Water Company turned up this morning and added to the size of the Moat, but when I got back this afternoon they’d already gone. Unfortunately the Moat is still there, although it’s just a ditch now so they must have achieved something.
    One bit of good news was that Directline rang me regarding my complaint about the cost of my home insurance. It was only when I enquired about the other house that I became aware that I was paying around 3 times the amount on my own house. After a phone call from me asking the reason for this I decided to make a complaint. I also cancelled the policy. So, phone call today from a very nice lady who agreed that she thought that based on my 20 years without a claim and regardless of the fact that the amount charged was inline with the Underwriters guidelines, she had concluded I’d been paying too much.
    So says she ‘I’m going to send you a refund of £1500’ I did ask her to repeat what she’d said, and she very kindly did
    You could have knocked me down with a feather. I asked her to confirm this all by email and thanked her for her assistance in the matter of my complaint.

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    I’ve been out in the cold trying to find the fault on the reversing light. Having removed the plug from the switch on the gearbox I can confirm it’s not at fault.
    Beats me, think I’ll leave for another time as it’s not needed for mot. But can’t take van for mot now as I’ve still got the Moat across my drive ! Ho hum

Leave a comment:

• Martinez
    replied
    I’m wondering if the leak is related to my reversing light issue ? I’ve only got one wire left over from the harness and as all the other lights work as they should, I’m thinking this must be the reversing light feed. Trouble is, it comes on permanently when you turn ignition on, that’s an mot fail, but no reversing light is a pass.
    looking at the wiring diagram, the feed to the reversing light comes from an electronic control unit. May end up fitting a switch, not a major issue really I suppose

Leave a comment:

• kevin1841
    replied
    A friend's Porche has just needed over £2000 of work due to the same problem. Why the hell these well thought of companies put delicate electrical stuff beneath the carpet in the passenger footwell is anyone's guesss - Planned obsolescence?

Leave a comment:

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X