Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reversing camera.

Hi,
    can anyone spare the time to give me an idea of how much a reversing camera would cost to install on a Surf please? Thank you.

P&P campers in Gosport quoted me £295 for parking sensors, if that’s any help. I also saw a DIY camera on Amazon that you attach tote number plate.

Comment

Wireless cameras are attractive because of their simplicity and cheap and easy DIY installation, a wired installation tends to be more reliable however. The cameras themselves are not always that durable. I'm on my second camera and have bought in a couple of cheap spares from PRC for when the inevitable water ingress kills the current one. Mine seems to thrive on being used and can take a few hours of running after a long, damp lay-up to fully wake up. Some installations link the system to the reversing light so that the camera only 'goes live' when reverse is selected, I'm happier with my setup where power is on whenever the ignition is on... the monitor can always be turned off if it's distracting when driving.

Comment

I bought a system off eBay for just under £30 last year (I think) but checked recently and seller no longer has them. Pity as mine has 5 inch screen built into rear view mirror and will take 2 cameras. It also has reversing sensors. There are plenty of others for sale so just search through them for the best deal.
        The fiddly bit is threading the cable through under the dash, up the windscreen pillar and behind the rear view mirror. I took power from the interior light for the screen and intend fitting 2 cameras via switches on r/h side of dashboard. One camera to view the rear and one facing down for reversing. It’s on my list of things to do

Comment

Mine cost around 30 - 40 pounds it's a 7" monitor it's wired into the interior light so goes off with the ignition ran the wires up into the luton and then through all the cupboards and toilet and out behind the clock still have the wireless bits somewhere just didn't seem any point in using them. the darn thin g is no good at night added a switch to the blank in the interior light panel so I could turn it off

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X