Surf waste outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf waste outlet

My waste outlet from the sink is just a piece of pipe sticking out of the floor. Is this what others have or is this just a bodge ? I use a waste tank under the van when on site (I can say that now ) and have to position the tank under the pipe to catch what’s coming out. There are outlets available which fit to side of van, but is there a fitting missing I need or is this what everyone else has ?

Originally posted by Martinez View Post
    My waste outlet from the sink is just a piece of pipe sticking out of the floor. Is this what others have or is this just a bodge ? I use a waste tank under the van when on site (I can say that now ) and have to position the tank under the pipe to catch what’s coming out. There are outlets available which fit to side of van, but is there a fitting missing I need or is this what everyone else has ?
    That’s how it was on our early Romahomes, later they had onboard waste water storage, but yes, just a pipe direct from the sink outlet under which we put a container.

You can't give your life more time
    so give the time you have left more life

Comment

Martinez I'll take a photo of our outside waste set up. We never use the sink as too small for anything useful.
      I don't need Anger Management classes, I need people to stop pi**ing me off!

Comment

Originally posted by JimBro View Post
        Martinez I'll take a photo of our outside waste set up. We never use the sink as too small for anything useful.
        That’s why I fitted a bigger sink JimBro. You can actually have a wash in ours at a pinch and a normal size washing up bowl drops into it too.

Comment

IMG_20220622_141624_HDR.jpg

Martinez There you are...
          I don't need Anger Management classes, I need people to stop pi**ing me off!

Comment

Originally posted by JimBro View Post
            That’s one of my options under consideration. Those things are only about a fiver and available in grey and white. Thanks JimBro. Think they use a 28.5mm pipe inside and out. Not sure what size my pipe is at moment I’ll have to measure it

Comment

All of my campers, and my caravan have a drain straight to the outside into a bucket. The latest bucket is a collapsible one! It's a lot less faff than an on-board tank. In the latest camper, it's the same, as I insisted on having a drain that went outside. I don't want to carry waste water around with me!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                All of my campers, and my caravan have a drain straight to the outside into a bucket. The latest bucket is a collapsible one! It's a lot less faff than an on-board tank. In the latest camper, it's the same, as I insisted on having a drain that went outside. I don't want to carry waste water around with me!
                So what kind of outlet do you have Jayjay ? Any pictures ?

Comment

Yes, as you know my latest camper is a micro camper. I have a whale lever pump tap (no 12v, it's manual, and therefore no problems) and small 3 litre onboard water tank (a four litre drinking water container will also fit). This feeds into a tiny sink (but good enough, as I have a collapsible washing up bowl for a proper wash, or for washing up!). The sink drain is a b&q one, which just feeds through to the underneath of the car/van and out into a bucket.

I thought it was a bit overkill at first, having a large size B&Q type drain pipe. The smaller convoluted pipe is normally used for campers and caravans. However, it works, so that's ok! I had to secure the outlet underneath so that it didn't bang against the side, and to prevent the drain water from coming into contact with the bodywork of the car underneath. That was sorted with a couple of zip ties and a ring of some expanding foam tape around the outside of the pipe. The silver pipe you can see in front of the water tank in the second pic (food quality) actually goes into the water tank when it's full, that leads directly to the tap on the other side.

My little caravan didn't have a 12v water tap either, so I fitted the same lever pump system to the sink in there as well, except that drew water from a 26l fiamma tank on wheels outside. The sink was basically the same, and waste water went into a bucket. You can get the fiamma tank systems for waste water as well, but a bucket is better for me as I can't lift a lot of weight, so easier to fill smaller water carriers and empty a bucket frequently rather than struggle with heavier items.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 3 photos.
                  Last edited by jayjay; 23-06-2022, 08:58.

Comment

Here's a link to the waste water tank you can put underneath, it's 23 litres. I had the same but for fresh water. I think with a large sink like the one you have installed, you might need more than a bucket! Handy hint - heavy duty stick on velcro for the screw on lids, so you don't lose them!

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/1590395...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

I’ve already got a waste water tank thanks. It’s the bit where the water exits the van I’m interested in. Looks like you just got a pipe hanging down. But the lower floor of the surf means I need something ‘plug-in’ to connect to my tank, and something that keeps insects out. With tank underneath van there’s only about 100mm of space up to floor, so not a lot of room.
                      I was thinking there might be an option for something plug-in underneath where pipe comes through but looking more like fitting the type JimBro has on the side

Comment

Yes a pipe hanging down, to which I (with my neighbours help!) fitted a kind of U-bend angled piece of pipe from B&Q the same width, which directs the water stream away from the underneath of the van. Bucket underneath that. I don't worry about keeping insects out, I just put the plug in the sink! TBH every time water goes down there, it will flush 'em out anyway.

I've never had anything on the end of any of my waste pipes to keep insects out, but I can honestly say I've never had insects in my sink either.
                        Last edited by jayjay; 23-06-2022, 11:10.

Comment

My Romahome C15 and both my Autosleeper Friskies simply had a pipe down from the sink and sticking out of the bottom of the van and I stuck a bucket under it. Our first caravan was the same.

Waste water tanks are a darn nuisance, they never empty completely so there's always a layer of sludge at the bottom which can send nasty smells back up the pipes. I much prefer either the old fashioned arrangement or a jerry can under the sink which can be taken out and emptied properly.

Comment

We had a trailer tent sink the same as jayjay

Once the sink was in place the snug fit concertina waste pipe was pushed on. It came out of the floor and into a collecting vessel.

As Caz says, waste tanks rarely empty completely and at the end of each season with the Romahome I'd have my hand down in the innards of the waste tank using a cloth to mop up the last of the (by now rank) water, then bleach water back in to wash the tank walls to freshen them, them bail out with the cloth again

Pain in the backside to be honest and all that space wasted. I know BrianTheSnail and Liz use theirs for craft stuff (i have myself in the past lined it with a clean bag and used it to store clean T. Towels, pillowslips etc but it would be a more useful space for other things

Comment

Not sure which waste tanks you are both referring to, but mine is a black tank with an inlet on the side and a normal large cap in top corner when stood up. It’s pretty much like a Jerry can except for the hole in the side, and empties easily. I carry it on my drop-down shelf in the toilet along with the freshwater tank.
                              I know the tank you refer to Sandra under the seat, but I junked that in favour of an outside freshwater tank and electric pump.
                              I can clean either tank by part filling with water n shaking it. I’ve got a small fold up trolley to move tanks about when full, but I’m still fit enough to carry either by hand.
                              The problem is the pipe underneath which broke when I pulled it down to put into the tank. First sign of a problem was the water on galley floor. So I taped it up for quick fix.
                              I think I’m going with the type JimBro pictured as I can leave the waste tank outside of van instead of underneath.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X