Calling all Romini caravan owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all Romini caravan owners

Romini caravans are remarkably long lived and are turning up still in regular use - and increasingly expensive to buy. In the Club's search for the oldest Island Plastics/Romahome still in use, many of these rare caravans are turning up. I would like to find out how many we can trace so if you have one, or know someone who has, please look for the Build Number and put it on here. The Build Number can be found on the top hinge of the back door, or on the top of the wardrobe door or on the towbar.

Over to you:

Thanks
    Colin

Romini build number

Originally posted by niloc View Post
    Romini caravans are remarkably long lived and are turning up still in regular use - and increasingly expensive to buy. In the Club's search for the oldest Island Plastics/Romahome still in use, many of these rare caravans are turning up. I would like to find out how many we can trace so if you have one, or know someone who has, please look for the Build Number and put it on here. The Build Number can be found on the top hinge of the back door, or on the top of the wardrobe door or on the towbar.

Over to you:

Thanks
    Colin
    Build number on my Romini(little roo) is 114 built in 1986. Pam

Comment

Thanks Pam
      I am keeping a list of the numbers to seehow many we can trace and which is the oldest by build number
      Colin

Comment

Romini caravan

545.jpg

Had my Romini for about three years now and love it. It gets a lot of attention from other campers and they all want to have a look inside. Will check the date and post it.
        Andy

Comment

Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum, we have quite a few Romini owners on here now as you will see when look round the forum.

Thanks for posting the picture your van looks great.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Only just bought it.

Hi,
            I've only joined today. I'd been looking for a suitable caravan to tow behind my classic Mini and the Romini fitted the bill quite well. After months of looking I finally found the one I've got near Brussels. 48hrs later and 2 ferry crossings and she was home in Berkshire.
            Peter.

Comment

Hi Colin,
              Mine appears to be 199! If LESS than 200 were made as I have heard claimed, mine must be the LAST, not the FIRST!
              Be interesting to see if a higher number appears. I believe the date indicates 1988, though there is a 7 before the 88. reading down on the left.
              Regards, Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayfair Pete View Post
                Hi,
                I've only joined today. I'd been looking for a suitable caravan to tow behind my classic Mini and the Romini fitted the bill quite well. After months of looking I finally found the one I've got near Brussels. 48hrs later and 2 ferry crossings and she was home in Berkshire.
                Peter.
                Welcome Peter, we have quite a few Romini members on here, you've even got your own section to chat about them.

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum You will find everyone here very friendly and eager to answer questions and queries. Di.

Comment

Hi, Peter. You've chosen the best forum to join. Everyone here is very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about so many different things. It always amazes me that the most obscure questions are answered here by someone who knows!!
                    Enjoy the forum and hope to see you at one of the many meets.

Di.

I really don't know why I've posted almost the same sentiments twice in a row. Have to blame several senior moments!! As for calling you Andy, well, no apparent reason other than, well I don't know!!!! Any way, Peter you'll feel doubly welcome!!!
                    Last edited by di allen; 20-10-2011, 08:10.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the welcoming messages.
                      I can't upload any pics at the moment as I'm doing this from my phone.
                      If you log on to the Romaclub website there is a picture on the homepage.
                      It looks like I've come to the right place, spent a pleasant couple of hours reading old posts last night.

Peter.

Comment

Some interesting posts on this thread. It is nice to see more Romini Owners subscribing and I am sure they are very welcome. The more the merrier.
                        But Colin's original plea seems to have been lost as the thread has drifted off topic.
                        For the newcomers: there is a sub-section just for we Romini owners in the "Tin Tent Tuggers Section". You will find a wealth of chat about them on there, along with many photos.
                        Romini Tugger (AKA Twolitre).
                        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hi I haven't picked mine up yet, but Jim informed me after email the eBay owner that the Romini I won on EBay is a 1987 model and number 146
                          MS.RoMiNi

Comment

I have a rather unusual Romini caravan.

Hi,
                            I have a rather unusual Romini caravan. Sometime in the dim and distant past, somebody( I don't know who ), has taken the axle and wheels of of it, and put it on the back of a 110" Land Rover. They then cut the front off the caravan, and the back and roof from the Land Rover. This was then all joined together, and they put a Perkins 3.8lt turbo-diesel engine in it. I brought it in 2006, from a policeman, near Hook in Hampshire. He brought it from a farmer near Exeter, but I don't know any more about it than this. Whoever did the conversion, did a brilliant job. It has been very well put together.

There is a number 038, under the top hinge on the back door. I phoned Romahome a whlie ago, and they said that it was the 38th one they made, and it was probably made in 1985ish. Any help or info on my Romini, would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Martin. ( AKA Scooby-Doo ), The outfit's nickname.

Comment

Be great to see a picture of this conversion, if possible, please?
                              Carpe diem! :)

Comment