No announcement yet.

Calling all Romini caravan owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Romini on ebay is number 60, July 1983. Just thought I would ask. Does that sound about right ? Havent bid yet but sorely tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
      The Romini on ebay is number 60, July 1983. Just thought I would ask. Does that sound about right ? Havent bid yet but sorely tempted.
      No 60 that must be your lucky number Penny. Go on we won't tell Derek. You know you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidick View Post
        No 60 that must be your lucky number Penny. Go on we won't tell Derek. You know you want it.
        Behave yourself Jill,you know shes in remission!
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

If I bought it without telling him I would be joining the lone camper brigade I think.

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
            If I bought it without telling him I would be joining the lone camper brigade I think.
            This sounds a bit "Sobbyish"!
            Jim.
            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Nomader00 new owner

Originally posted by niloc View Post
              Romini caravans are remarkably long lived and are turning up still in regular use - and increasingly expensive to buy. In the Club's search for the oldest Island Plastics/Romahome still in use, many of these rare caravans are turning up. I would like to find out how many we can trace so if you have one, or know someone who has, please look for the Build Number and put it on here. The Build Number can be found on the top hinge of the back door, or on the top of the wardrobe door or on the towbar.

Over to you:

Thanks
              Colin
              I am Ray and live near Peterborough the Caravan I hav now is No 786125. How many are there around so far. Ray

Comment

Hi looks like yours was no 125 built in 1986 then! I don't know how many are left now, but quite a few I think. Remember only 200 or so were made. What do you tow yours with?

Comment

Curious that ALL the numbers begin with "7". They cannot all have been built in July. I wonder what the significance is?
                  Jim.

Comment

I know someone who's got one!

A friend of mine has one and I am looking a purchasing this weekend. I will find out the number and get back to you. Out of interest how much are they worth in good condition with awning?? I know they are rare so not much price guide online? Though I ask the experts!!

Thanks very much and looking forward to joining

James

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob87 View Post
                      A friend of mine has one and I am looking a purchasing this weekend. I will find out the number and get back to you. Out of interest how much are they worth in good condition with awning?? I know they are rare so not much price guide online? Though I ask the experts!!

Thanks very much and looking forward to joining

James
                      Hi Jimbob87

Welcome to the forum. Our resident Romini expert Twolitre is off on his travels so may not see this, however, we have recently sold some Rominis on our main website they tend to go for around £,1500-£2,000, there is an LXS version on there for sale at the moment which is longer than the conventional Romini and has the benefit of a cassette toilet and the asking price is £3,500.

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/romi...-for-sale.html
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                        Hi Jimbob87

Welcome to the forum. Our resident Romini expert Twolitre is off on his travels so may not see this, however, we have recently sold some Rominis on our main website they tend to go for around £,1500-£2,000, there is an LXS version on there for sale at the moment which is longer than the conventional Romini and has the benefit of a cassette toilet and the asking price is £3,500.

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/romi...-for-sale.html
                        Wonder if that disqualifies it as a Romini .......................

Prap's it's a Romini parent ?

Comment

REFERENCE: Graham's response to Junbob.

Only just found these recent additions to this thread.
                          I seem to have been promoted to "Resident Expert" on Rominis. Does that, in conjunction with my "Diamond" Rating, qualify me for a pay rise (or any pay at all for that matter)?
                          I must add that I have increased my relative experience by towing my Romini for around 700 miles over the last couple of weeks and with a different car!
                          Ah well. Dreams of sudden wealth are fading.
                          But all Rominiers enjoy your much desired trailer.
                          Jim
                          Last edited by Twolitre; 18-09-2015, 11:56. Reason: Wrong quote selected and deleted. Reference added.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                            REFERENCE: Graham's response to Junbob. Only just found these recent additions to this thread. I seem to have been promoted to "Resident Expert" on Rominis. Does that, in conjunction with my "Diamond" Rating, qualify me for a pay rise (or any pay at all for that matter)? I must add that I have increased my relative experience by towing my Romini for around 700 miles over the last couple of weeks and with a different car! Ah well. Dreams of sudden wealth are fading. But all Rominiers enjoy your much desired trailer. Jim
                            Hi Jim,

As our resident Romini expert I think it's time to give you a rise, we are going to double the wages you get now, how's that for generosity?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
                            Graham
                            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Jim,

As our resident Romini expert I think it's time to give you a rise, we are going to double the wages you get now, how's that for generosity?

Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Hi Jim,

Thanks Graham,
                                I will put the rise towards towing the Romini off the drive and onto the lawn to hold a private one man Rally this weekend.

Jim

Comment