This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isle of Wight rally numbers.

Word has it that there are at least 60 Roma Club units heading for the Isle of Wight rally in September.
    Wonder how many forum members are going - I am
    Any more? Bluebell

Originally posted by Bluebell View Post
    Word has it that there are at least 60 Roma Club units heading for the Isle of Wight rally in September.
    Wonder how many forum members are going - I am
    Any more? Bluebell
    Count me in! I had no idea that there would be so many. I sort of thought that all the people going would be subscribers to this Forum. Which seems to be about half a dozen! How naive can I be?

I hope my Romini does not get lost in the crowd!

Jim
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I will be there I am going early, I believe songbird and twinkletoes are going too, Its looking good.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Yep, we are going over on 20th and staying until 27th, it will be our only long break this year. We have booked on the Saturday round the Island trip. I'm trying to persuade Songbird to go to Shepton Mallett which is a Love Travel rally to coincide with the Motorhome Show, but it is probably too near to the IoW trip for us to get away. Ann

Comment

Good to see that so many are going. Should be a good rally. Think I might try the organised bus tour of the Island. The trip to Romahome should be interesting. Will be an opportunity to see the latest innovations in the new vans. Am I allowed to ask hard questions?

Will also have the chance to put faces to some of the forum members.
          Yep I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinkletoes View Post
            Yep, we are going over on 20th and staying until 27th, it will be our only long break this year. We have booked on the Saturday round the Island trip. I'm trying to persuade Songbird to go to Shepton Mallett which is a Love Travel rally to coincide with the Motorhome Show, but it is probably too near to the IoW trip for us to get away. Ann
            We'll be there of course since we live over there! :
            Twinkletoes, I'm a bit puzzled about the Love Travel. We had the magazines given to us when we bought Annie van, and had assumed it was all part of the Roma club, and wondered why we've heard nothing about the Love Travel since then. Is it another club, and if so is it for Romahomers or motorhomes generally, and how do you join?
            Mary
            :sunshine:

Comment

Just seen another post re joining the Love Travel - so quiery now answered thanks.
              :sunshine:

Comment

Sums

Well, I have been doing a few sums. They always make me feel
                Anyway, I've had a look at the other Isle of Wight thread and this is the list of 8 forum members going to the rally so far - I'm sure there are some hiding

Ian
                Twinkletoes & Songbird.
                Normanhug
                Annievan
                Dancer
                Two Litre
                Niloc
                Bluebell.

There are 52 more units coming. Maybe they are not forum members but altogether we make up nearly one seventh of the total membership. Membership as shown in the latest Review, is over 400.
                See you there folks.

Comment

While you are the Isle of Wight meet spread the word and maybe we can get a few more members.

Hope you all have a great time, wish we could be there. We love the Isle of Wight but unfortunately can't get to the meet, roll on retirement.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Looking forward to it myself we have booked the tour of the island, we are hoping to stay for the week, will have to get in touch with the orchards and ferry company to extend my stay.
                    There are quite a few going that belond to the SMH forum, i know of a few more, they tend to read all the post but dont do a lot of postin.

Dancer

Comment

More friends for the forum.

I'm sure you are right Dancer. I was also a bit shy about posting. It's such a friendly site though I don't find it difficult now.
                      Sorry you can't come Graham but you must come in spirit. We'll certainly spread the word. The more the merrier.Bluebell.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                        While you are the Isle of Wight meet spread the word and maybe we can get a few more members.

Hope you all have a great time, wish we could be there. We love the Isle of Wight but unfortunately can't get to the meet, roll on retirement.
                        Enjoy where you are in life Graham. I looked forward to retirement. I now have lots of time - on my own!
                        Thanks for the good wishes!
                        Jim.
                        Last edited by Twolitre; 12-08-2010, 21:11.
                        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                          Enjoy where you are in life Graham. I looked forward to retirement. I now have lots of time - on my own!
                          Thanks for the good wishes!
                          Jim.
                          You are quite right Jim, I shouldn't wish my life away, as far as work goes I've got it pretty easy really I shouldn't complain. Pauline is the boss in our business life and I am quite happy with that.

I let her think she is the boss of our home life too.
                          Graham
                          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Breaking news from the IoW Rally

Did you know that Romahome have a cricket team? They started this year and are beginning to win matches. Hearing about this sporting prowess the Roma Club have challenged them to a game during the Rally! But, here is a dedicated team with their own bats, whites and boxes versus an unknown number of brave souls amongst those booked for the Rally. Seems a bit unfair, doesn't it?
                            So we invented some new rules to give us a better chance - and to make it fun for all:

Players in fancy dress get a bonus of 6 runs.

A soft ball may be used at the request of the batsman.

Underarm bowling may be allowed by the Umpire.

Anyone the spectators think is taking the game seriously could have 6 runs deducted.

Mixed sex teams are allowed.

The Umpire may award extra runs to individuals who entertain the spectators.

(The rumbling sound is the great WG spinning)

So, when the call comes during the Rally please step forward, fancy dress at the ready, (11*6 runs that's 66 before we start) and lets show them a move or two not known in cricket history. With a working title of:
                            Romahome Builders v. Roma Wanderers
                            it should be a fun Sunday morning.
                            Colin

Comment

This Sporting Life.

Wow! Can't wait
                              From Bluebell Flintoff

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X