As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the IOW meet going?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the IOW meet going?

Hi Roma Club members, how is the rally on the IOW going? Hope you are all enjoying yourselfs, don't forget to put some pictures of the rally on here.

I would particularly like to see pictures of the fancy dress cricket match, I bet that is a laugh.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Have a great time in the IOW

Yes, have a great time in the IOW. Sorry we couldn't be there, too far for a week-end between work for us.

I would particularly like to see photos of the older vehicles.

Patricia

Comment

Just got back home,good rally,about 55-60 units, I plugged the forum around the site.See you at polstead.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
        Just got back home,good rally,about 55-60 units, I plugged the forum around the site.See you at polstead.
        Sounds great, thanks for the plugs, see you on Friday.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

It was good - we camped near to both Ian and Annie and I played banjo for my supper. It was nice to put faces to people met here. We have been allowed back into the club as 'retired members'! Mike

Comment

Originally posted by rvdmikej View Post
            It was good - we camped near to both Ian and Annie and I played banjo for my supper. It was nice to put faces to people met here. We have been allowed back into the club as 'retired members'! Mike

Glad you enjoyed it, banjo playing sounds good and I am particularly pleased you have been allowed back into the club, that's great news.
            Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
              Glad you enjoyed it, banjo playing sounds good and I am particularly pleased you have been allowed back into the club, that's great news.
              I agree Graham,its nice that Mike is back in the Roma Club,but I am deeply puzzled,--How come if we have "Retired Members" the disaffiliated members were not made "retired" instead? What about our chum gadgetman,can he be a retired member? he is retired, and was a member, maybe Colin or one of the other Roma Officers who are forum members can enlighten us.

Comment

A great time was had all, we stayed an extra 3 days got home thursday morning a few were leaving friday, enjoyed the coach trip round the island, and the tour of the factory very interesting and very similar to the work i used to do 30 years ago i used to make the side panals for the GPO vans very much the same way, got the odd freebie of brian as well.
                The weather was good apart from wednesday wind and rain, as for the site faultless got to be one of the best sites i have been on, the showers were fantastic enough room to swing two cats.
                I missed most of the cricket match, but from what i did see the fancy dress was funny, did`nt take any photos im sure somebody was taking a video of the event.
                Thats all for now i will put a few photos on when i download them, have a great time in Polstead sorry i cant be there hope to catch up with you all soon.

P.S
                I am in the prosess of organising a romahome rally some time in june/july in ripon north yorkshire, there will be more details in the romahome magazine when i finalise everything, would be nice to here if members on here would be interested.

Steve (Dancer)

Comment

We had a great time at the Rally. Arriving on 20th, it was a disappointment that the bus service through the village had been re-routed as I was looking forward to travelling on buses for a change. The site was extremely good and as Dancer said, room to swing 2 cats in the showers (I wonder if Jill tried). The BBQ was good and the keyboard player excellent, still managing to play by the light of the LED light operated by Songbird and supplied by Jill.

We are disappointed not to be able to make the Polstead meet, but expect you will all have a great time. We probably won't be rallying again until the Spring, so good luck all you hardy types.

Comment

Arrived home last night after driving up the M1 in a cloudburst. Worst weather I have ever driven in with countless extended hold-ups.
                    I arrived on the IoW on Monday. The weather was GLORIOUS. As said it rained heavily Wednesday, but was bearable though chilly the rest of the week. The whole experience was very well worth while, though I missed the cricket match because I took the only possible "window" to catch a few hours with an ex-work colleague I have not met since he moved to the IoW many years ago.
                    Disappointed to be the only Romini presence. I hoped to meet other owners, but the "all in one Brigade" made me feel most welcome.
                    Incidentally I spent the rest of my break roaming around Hampshire etc., visiting The National Motor Museum, Brooklands and the New Forest etc.
                    On the way home I also pulled in the RAF Museum at Collingdale. All very satisfying.
                    Not a hiccup with my 40 year old car except that the appalling IoW roads shook my spare wheel loose! Checking the speedo this morning showed I had covered 1018miles door to door!
                    Jim.
                    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I forgot to add this - a view from the wonderful camp site. Sorry folks picture will not load. My apologies.
                      Last edited by Twolitre; 02-10-2010, 12:09. Reason: Picture problem.
                      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hi Everyone

It was really good to see so many of you over on the Island at the rally last week, and to see that many of you extended your stay to see more of the Island whilst you were here, or like Twolitre who went on to travel over 1000 miles before arriving back home. We've no more hols now till Ch** (the end of the year!), but maybe we'll sometimes get a Monday night on a site nearby
                        before then, when nothing else has been planned.

Hope you're all having fun at Polstead - first time I've been the only member on the forum - and hope to meet up with you all again at the Roma Club AGM.
                        Mary
                        :sunshine:

Comment

A few IoW photos

its a lovely site

Comment

Lovely pictures Ian. I recognise your feline friends, they certainly get around don't they?
                            Graham

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X