Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome club

Hi everyone

Quick question for you, I wanted to join the Romahome club but when I went to fill out the application is say's send cheque to so and so address but I haven't had a cheque book for years now and banks don't even issue them any more (I think) How do any members on here pay for theirs?

Thanks peeps
    "Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time"

No worries guy's all sorted now and paid for.

If anyone is wondering I just got a discount from my insurance company for being a member of the club.

I contacted the club by phone and spoke to George regarding payment by cheque and they can now accept payment by bank transfer which is now done.

To contact George his number is <personal phone number removed for security by admin>
    "Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Brown View Post
      Hi everyone

Quick question for you, I wanted to join the Romahome club but when I went to fill out the application is say's send cheque to so and so address but I haven't had a cheque book for years now and banks don't even issue them any more (I think) How do any members on here pay for theirs?

Thanks peeps
      Glad you're sorted Jeff, but just for future info, banks certainly haven't stopped issuing cheque books.
      I received a replacement just a few weeks ago as my bank send one automatically when the computer spots that I'm getting towards the end of my current book.

Actually when I wrote the cheque that triggered the replacement I noticed that I'd issued a grand total of six cheques in the last twelve months, five of them being birthday presents to family. At that rate it will be almost two years before I need the replacement!
      Geoff

Comment

Thanks Artoo0

Last time I wrote a personal cheque was in a supermarket and even they told me they were soon stopping accepting them not sure they have though, I never see anyone using them in a supermarket. I did get issued regular business cheque books but haven't needed one of them for over 2 years now.
        When I was chatting to George from the Roma club he told me that is why they now have to do bank transfer because he's had many people tell him they no longer have a cheque book.
        I never use cash now it's always by card, mind you if I ever have cash in my pockets I get mugged by my grandchildren for it lol

Comment

Some of us still like cheques:-)

Comment

I found a few years ago that the only cheques I was writing were for the milkman and when we went on to plastic bottles there was no way of leaving them out for him, he ignored envelopes stuck to the front door with MILKMAN written on them.

So I got the bank details and pay by direct transfer now.

Comment

How long does it take for your membership to come through?

Comment

Membership?

We sent off our application form and cheque to the Membership Secretary of the Roma Club at the end of October. The cheque has been cashed, but we've had no acknowledgement or any correspondence from anyone.
                We have tried emailing, but got no reply. Now we have sent a letter by post and are hoping this will get some response.
                Not a good start!
                Woozle

Comment

Eventually you should start receiving occasional, small magazines...... in the post. Maybe a sticker for your windscreen.

The magazine and their website should give you information about forthcoming meets / rallies.
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

As I recall, the one Romahome Club AGM we attended wound up with the newly elected Chairman saying something on the lines of, "Don't expect a quick response if you contact us, because we'll all be away in our Romahomes!".
                    Geoff

Comment

Hi All,
                      Delighted to say that we have now received our Roma Club membership card and a copy of the latest magazine.
                      We are very impressed by the 'Roma Review' and its contents.
                      Well worth waiting for!
                      Woozle

Comment