Romaclub AGM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NomadSue View Post
    How's this for chance? An old school friend has just sent me these photos of some of us in our red, school choir robes, standing near the chapel. Can you guess which one is me?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13709[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]13710[/ATTACH]

And Pauline, you know how much we all love and appreciate this forum! Nothing could ever take its place.
    Nope! Not even with my glasses on

As for singing I was in a church choir, I even sang at my own wedding (the choir was very small and apart from me mainly children so the choirmaster arranged for us to be taped and the children sang along with that !!)

I just don't expect to be singing hymns at a Camping Rally!!

(Note to Pauline and Graham - please don't change the format )
    Last edited by SandraM; 06-05-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue View Post
      How's this for chance? An old school friend has just sent me these photos of some of us in our red, school choir robes, standing near the chapel. Can you guess which one is me?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13709[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]13710[/ATTACH]

And Pauline, you know how much we all love and appreciate this forum! Nothing could ever take its place.
      Easy, easy easy

And we love you all back xxx

Comment

I recognised you straight away Sue, you look very much the same.

Comment

Was it you at Roma AGM

I've just had an email from a friend, saying he had attended the AGM at Stratford u A. He owns a Romini caravan. Anyway, he said he was talking to someone who said to him"you'll know Pam then". My friend however didn't give the name of the person. Was it anyone on here. I'm racking my brains trying to figure out who it was. I've emailed my friend back, to ask who it was.

Pam

Comment

It was probably Tom, he was there in his Romini, I heard him talking about your letter in the C&C C magazine
            Last edited by Sidick; 30-05-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Roma AGM

Originally posted by Sidick View Post
              It was probably Tom, he was there in his Romini, I heard him talking about your letter in the C&C C magazine
              Still confused. My friend is called Tom. He lives a few miles from me in Northumberland. Is there another Tom.

My friend has just gotten back to me. Says the chap had a large Romahome and he thinks's his name was Bob
              Pam
              Last edited by pamsicle; 30-05-2017, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Romaclub AGM has Roma Praise on Sunday morning for those who would normally go to church. No sermon or bible readings but some lovely singing and stories. Collection for chosen charity. No pressure on anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by SandraM View Post
                  When I was looking for information about Romahomes (because we had just bought one) I found this site and the Romahome Club.

As soon as I joined this one online I was welcomed. It didn't cost me to join and the wealth of knowledge on here is brilliant.

You cannot access anything on the Romaclub site until you actually join and in my innocence I assumed that it was like this site ie that it had a forum and that people spoke to each other. Not so, but you've already paid your £15 by the time you find that out.

Apart from that, I was a little, well concerned is perhaps too strong a word, but uneasily surprised to find that the AGM Sunday has a hymn singing service. I have no objection at all to anyone singing hymns on a Sunday and had I joined a Christian group it wouldn't have surprised me, but I do not see why a secular camping group should have hymn singing. It reminds me of the time my daughter and her fiance bought a tent and decided to go camping. They found themselves a campsite and off they went. They were horrified to find from the time they arrived until they beat a hasty retreat that it was all prayers and hymns !! She talked about it for days "I mean to say mum, you'd be lying there and hymns would be coming at you from all sides !"
                  Sandra I profitted from your experience - I was going to join the Romahome Club, but after reading your experiences kept the £15
                  Jon
                  Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

Well, it was a personal view Jon.
                    As I said, I don't mind hymns being sung, I sing them myself as a throwback to a cradle Catholic upbringing (not that our parents were the least bit religious but we were all baptised and attended Catholic schools throughout our educations) I just found it difficult to get my head round the AGM hymn singing.

Obviously members like Keka would hold a different view and I know that there are others on here who attend a get a lot out of it.

I wouldn't want to actually discourage anyone from not giving it a go. I would have stayed with them has they also had a forum like this.
                    If (like us this year) we are already camping a lot with SMH and camping on your own as well then trying to fit in meets with the RC is difficult for us and without any other contact with RC members through chats it seemed a little pointless for us

Each to their own eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by pamsicle View Post
                      Roma AGM

Still confused. My friend is called Tom. He lives a few miles from me in Northumberland. Is there another Tom.

My friend has just gotten back to me. Says the chap had a large Romahome and he thinks's his name was Bob
                      Pam

Yes the 'chap' did had a Romahome Pam, it was an R25, and it was I who was chatting to Tom with the Romini.
                      I knew where he came from as he was flying the Northumberland flag. Not a Bob, but a Bernard.
                      Last edited by Organ Grinder; 29-10-2017, 10:42 AM.
                      A barrel organs life is one long grind?

Comment

And may I give you 'Romahomers' an early couple of dates for 2018.
                        The dates for next year's National AGM Rally has now been confirmed
                        as Friday 11th to Monday 14th May 2018.
                        It will again be held in the picnic area of Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse. Whoopee!

Following the AGM there will be a Rally at Bell Brook Farm, Nr Stratford.

Bernard.

Comment

Originally posted by Organ Grinder View Post
                          And may I give you 'Romahomers' an early couple of dates for 2018.
                          The dates for next year's National AGM Rally has now been confirmed
                          as Friday 11th to Monday 14th May 2018.
                          It will again be held in the picnic area of Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse. Whoopee!

Following the AGM there will be a Rally at Bell Brook Farm, Nr Stratford.

Bernard.
                          Clashes nicely with the Newark rally organised by Graham & Pauline...

Comment

Originally posted by JimBro View Post

Clashes nicely with the Newark rally organised by Graham & Pauline...
                            That's the trouble with May, two bank holidays and half term leaves very few weekends for meets but leave it any later and people can't come due to annual/summer holidays. Any earlier it's too cold for those with no heating.

Comment

Originally posted by Organ Grinder View Post

Yes the 'chap' did had a Romahome Pam, it was an R25, and it was I who was chatting to Tom with the Romini.
                              I knew where he came from as he was flying the Northumberland flag. Not a Bob, but a Bernard.
                              Thanks for that Bernard, I was dying to know who Tom had been talking to. Mystery solved

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by pamsicle View Post

Thanks for that Bernard, I was dying to know who Tom had been talking to. Mystery solved

Pam
                                And I took a picture too. Lovely little van and a great fellow to chat to.
                                IMG_6736.JPG

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X